Disappointed

This is a discussion on Disappointed within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but is anyone else disappointed with the Ally? This is my first smartphone, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disappointed

I don't know if I'm the only one who feels this way, but is anyone else disappointed with the Ally? This is my first smartphone, and even I can tell how lacking it is. Anyone else feel this way? I like the phone, but I feel it just doesn't do enough.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

You haven't fully explored the apps available yet, then. I am loving my ally more and more every day. The two things on my wish list are app2sd and flash. I think these will come with 2.2 when/if we get it.

What is lacking? What exactly are you trying to do with the Ally that you can't? Sure it has minimal internal memory but I have about 30 apps installed and still have 65MB free.

The internal memory is my main issue. Having such little available memory takes the fun out of the phone, always having to monitor what is left. I like the phone, it does do some awesome things, I guess I was expecting more wiggle room. I can do a lot of things on this phone, I am a bit tech savvy, but not near the ability you guys have here on this great forum. Maybe I just have my expectations set too high, considering that this is my first smartphone. Who knows, but regardless, it is by far the best phone I have ever owned.

I get the feeling Froyo will not be seen on this phone, just a gut instinct. But I agree with Ak8s, I would love to see apps2sd, that would save the memory issue, and Flash would be awesome.

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    Well if you're willing to root your phone, you can have access to the app2sd feature now that custom ROMs are starting to feature it.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Flash a custom ROM. You'll be happy.

I'm giving Verizon/LG some more time to see if they push us froyo. If not, I'll probalby root.

You could just make a nandroid backup of your phone, then install a custom rom knowing you can restore to full stock if we don't get screwed

(ignore me, I rooted my phone the day I got it home ...)

Yes but some of us can't afford to void our warrenty or take the chance to brick our phone. For the average user, rooting is not an option nor should it be attempted. Let's remember that not all Ally users are techies.

I consider myself to have a few tech skills and I have not yet been willing to root my phone. I leave that up to the experts.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links