Significantly Increase Your Battery Life

This is a discussion on Significantly Increase Your Battery Life within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Using two apps I have found out a way to get around 16 hours of battery life on my Ally. This is a huge help ...

Thread: Significantly Increase Your Battery Life

Using two apps I have found out a way to get around 16 hours of battery life on my Ally. This is a huge help as I was only getting around 8 before I did this.

Step 1: Use Set CPU and create a "Screen Off" profile, set the min to 320 and max to 480.

Step 2: Download JuiceDefender from the market. I just went with the free edition and the default settings.

Step 3. Keep GPS, Wifi, and bluetooth off unless your using them.

To give you an idea how dramatically these steps have made my battery life go up: I unplugged at 6 am and I have been using the phone all day. 4 phone 10 min calls, 30 min angry birds, 10 min of abduction, 19 text messages, 4 google searches, and good amount of other small activities. Its now 3:30 pm and I just hit 50 percent.

Previously the phone would be dead by now.

I am very pleased.

Running Velocity .3 with ap2sd and GNM OC Kernel.

Edit: Plugged in today at 8 pm with 18 percent available.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Unplugged at 10 am today and was down to 40 percent at 11 pm.

ps: if you havent rooted yet this makes it worth it!

I'm about to consider it. Have they come out with a 2.2 ROM yet for the Ally?
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I'm about to consider it. Have they come out with a 2.2 ROM yet for the Ally?

Not yet but a unreliable source says it coming soon. No one has found a kernel that will run on MSM7627 yet. As soon as a working 2.2 kernel is found for our chip 2.2 wont take too much longer.

Velocity .3 has JIT and apps to sd which are the biggest advances for 2.2.

This has been a very helpful topic.

Android Jr Member stingrayracing's Avatar
    Another way to increase your battery life is to switch from 3D to 1X in the Mobile Networks menu. I found a dramatic improvement in my battery life. I am not saying it is for everyone but so far it sure works for me. I guess I am in an area where the phone struggles to keep a 3G connection and in doing so it eats up a lot of battery. I went down to 1X and my signal strength (bars and meter) improved. Before my time without signal was never below 90%; now it rarely reaches 40%. I unplugged my phone yesterday at 5:00 am and with moderate use it was down to 50% at 9:00 pm. Previously it would have been down to about 15%. I really don't see what I am missing with the 1X setting. I can make and receive calls (none dropped), send and receive texts, surf the internet, view YouTube videos, etc. Download speeds are about the same; certainly not noticeably slower. Like I said, it may not be for everybody in the way you use your phone but if you want a little more battery out of a charge it may be worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    Another way to increase your battery life is to switch from 3D to 1X in the Mobile Networks menu. I found a dramatic improvement in my battery life. I am not saying it is for everyone but so far it sure works for me. I guess I am in an area where the phone struggles to keep a 3G connection and in doing so it eats up a lot of battery. I went down to 1X and my signal strength (bars and meter) improved. Before my time without signal was never below 90%; now it rarely reaches 40%. I unplugged my phone yesterday at 5:00 am and with moderate use it was down to 50% at 9:00 pm. Previously it would have been down to about 15%. I really don't see what I am missing with the 1X setting. I can make and receive calls (none dropped), send and receive texts, surf the internet, view YouTube videos, etc. Download speeds are about the same; certainly not noticeably slower. Like I said, it may not be for everybody in the way you use your phone but if you want a little more battery out of a charge it may be worth a try.

Thats a good suggestion if you dont really need the the 3g data speeds, however know that whether you notice or not 3g is much faster.

I would reccomend it only to people who are on the fringe of a 3g connection and cant maintain the 3g signal.

The battery life is difference is more due to the phone constantly searching for a 3g signal and switching back and forth than it has to do with one setting using more battery power than the other.

Android Jr Member stingrayracing's Avatar
    The battery life is difference is more due to the phone constantly searching for a 3g signal and switching back and forth than it has to do with one setting using more battery power than the other.

That was my point.

Interesting idea there, Stingray. Both my office and home are on fringe 3G areas with moderate to good 1X coverage, and the battery on my Ally dies super quick even sitting idle when I'm at either location. I'mm try this for a couple of days and see if it helps.

JL

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links