Signal Strength Question

This is a discussion on Signal Strength Question within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Qasar Are you using Wi-Fi? I have had zero bars and good response from Apps that require Wi-Fi but no Wi-Fi icon. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Signal Strength Question

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Are you using Wi-Fi? I have had zero bars and good response from Apps that require Wi-Fi but no Wi-Fi icon. I assumed this was a lazy Wi-Fi indicator.
    Do you mean 3G? If you have your phone set on the default digital hybrid network, from what I can gather, the bars only measure your voice connection. The signal monitor app that I was using would sometimes show as much as a 10 dBm difference bebetween 3G and voice.

Quote Originally Posted by blinky View Post
    Do you mean 3G? If you have your phone set on the default digital hybrid network, from what I can gather, the bars only measure your voice connection. The signal monitor app that I was using would sometimes show as much as a 10 dBm difference bebetween 3G and voice.

No, Stingray suggested he had no connect bars but received data. I suggested this could be a WiFi connection. I have had a WiFi connection even if the icon is not in the bar. I assume it is WiFi because when I used an App that claims to require WiFi, the App still worked. Yet there were no bars available, no 3G and no WiFi icon in my status bar even though WiFi was turned on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links