How much free space should you keep on phone?

This is a discussion on How much free space should you keep on phone? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I have a few questions concerning free space on this phone that I couldn't find doing a search. 1.) The people at the Verizon store ...

Thread: How much free space should you keep on phone?

I have a few questions concerning free space on this phone that I couldn't find doing a search.

1.) The people at the Verizon store suggested that I use Advance Task Killer to manage running services I downloaded it and after a few weeks of running ATK on my phone I had free space issues that got so out of control that I had to do a factory reset to fix the issues that I was experiencing (free space got down to 14.5mb) I was uninstalling several apps that I had been using for weeks, deleting text message threads, emptying program cache and still had low space notifications. ...after reading much on the subject on this forum, it seems that Android 2.1 should be able to manage resources better on it's own by allowing it to swap out apps on it's own. After reloading my phone after the reset it seems to be running with great performance without using ATK so far. Does anybody have any input to this?

2.) Is there anything other than text messages that can cause free space to get tighter and what can be done to mange this?

3.) I am wondering how much free space one should keep on this phone to ensure optimum performance? According to the specs there is 102mb of total space. After the reset and reload of my apps I am currently running with 39.2mb free. There are a couple more apps I would like to put on but not sure how much I should keep free! I would really like to download Google Sky Map and that would add another 1.46mb to the mix ...not sure if I should wait for the 2.2 Froyo update or not? I understand that if we ever get the 2.2 Froyo update that we would then be able to store apps on the SD card but until then ... how tight do you dare load them??

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

All of these question have been discussed many times. Do a search and you will find plenty of info and all of your answers as well as other users opinions on these topics.

I agree with Marioval that a search of the forums will provide the answers you seek but since I said I would provide you a link in your other thread, here it is: http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/16...y-kill-levels/
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I agree with Marioval that a search of the forums will provide the answers you seek but since I said I would provide you a link in your other thread, here it is: http://www.lgallyfor...ry-kill-levels/

OK I realize that I am new here but, I have done a search for; free space; memory, & ;storage, and didn't find anything that is why I started this thread. I just tried those searches again and my post is what shows up in the results. If you have a link to these other threads, or a different term I should search with I would appreciate it.

I do find the kill level info interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by LG Ally Cat View Post
    OK I realize that I am new here but, I have done a search for; free space; memory, & ;storage, and didn't find anything that is why I started this thread. I just tried those searches again and my post is what shows up in the results. If you have a link to these other threads, or a different term I should search with I would appreciate it.

I do find the kill level info interesting.

Never mind ...I just answered my own question! apparantly I needed to adjust my search parameters to all the forums sorry!

LOL. I hate that search reverts.

For App Management before we are blessed with Apps2SD privileges try AppBrain. If you tag Apps for "Install" on the website, they will be listed on the phone as ready for download when using the App. You can choose not to download until you want/have time to mess with the App. Also, try a File Manager that includes back-ups of Apps for the Apps you already like. I still use Linda File Manager.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links