Don't buy an Ally?

This is a discussion on Don't buy an Ally? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; It's weird that some people love their Ally and some people want to bash them against a stone wall. I'll mostly use the phone for ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't buy an Ally?

It's weird that some people love their Ally and some people want to bash them against a stone wall. I'll mostly use the phone for actual phone calls and texting. I do need a dependable phone.

What are the chances that I'll buy an Ally that won't; eat apps, have a 50% bug, reboot all the time.

I don't expect the phone to be perfect, but I don't want to buy a PITA phone either.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyboy09 View Post
    I'd rather punch myself in the face than take photos with a phone!

I couldn't agree more.
    Motorola Droid 4

Skydroid I do not know about. But Google Sky Maps is awesome and I have never had any problems with it. It may well be my favorite App. For weeks now a star called Oh was right by Jupiter and Uranus; Jupiter being the biggest and brightest in the sky and on the phone. It read "Oh Uranus Jupiter." No lie! It's been weeks.

I'd say the camera is good enough, then. I have some excellent pictures and some I deleted because there were grainy or blurred. It is not good for candid shots because the delay gives you away. I like the zoom, and the ability to take a panoramic shot is pretty sweet. The flash is really bright I hear.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. We'd have to know the total distribution to give the chances of none of the manufacturing flaws. Remember the phone is global as other names, too. I don't think I've had any manufacturing flaws. Well, I am often over 50% seeking a signal. I am convinced my walls are painted with lead. Pure lead. I am still not convinced the 50% bug is as epic as some report, though. It does not cause battery problems for me. I think the drama came with too little understanding of the battery cycling and too much misused information. Of course it's IMO but why worry? Milk evaporates, right?

As informed as you are, you should be able to identify those flaws and return the device within 30 days. PITA, sure. IF it happens...

AA loves his phone, too. His monogram is for Ally Anonymous. He has web pages devoted to his phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    If you are on a call, just let the proximity sensor control the screen. To turn the screen on, pull the phone away from your face. To turn it off, move it back towards your face.

I am using my phone hands free at the time. I don't have problems with it turning off when holding it to my ear. thanks.

I've had my Ally for a month. It's my first smart phone. I text a little, make a few calls a day, check email and get online a little. I haven't had any problems. Battery life gets better with a few charges. I am charging mine every other night. The reason I got the Ally was because it was free after rebate. I am happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyboy09 View Post
    It's weird that some people love their Ally and some people want to bash them against a stone wall. I'll mostly use the phone for actual phone calls and texting. I do need a dependable phone.

What are the chances that I'll buy an Ally that won't; eat apps, have a 50% bug, reboot all the time.

I don't expect the phone to be perfect, but I don't want to buy a PITA phone either.

Thanks!
    If you're going to use the phone that way-the Ally more than fits the bill. IMO-the people that complain the most are those that have a Toyota Corolla budget and are looking for Ferarri F50 performance. Not gonna happen. Mine works perfect for me. The battery life could be better, but it's not bad considering what I've seen out of comparable Android devices.

JL

Just got my phone a few days ago, I am not a phone geek either just orderd it because it was free with a 2 yr contract. I had the samsung reality and LOVED LOVED that phone. Was just right for me did everything i needed and was extremly reliable. I am very partial to the samsung phones i have to say. But I have had no problems at all, it is a refurbished phone and was skeptical on that, but so far everything is running very smoothly can't complain. I like it alot

Hi I'm Matt... I love the ally... this phone does everything... the only downside I see so far is a bit of a lag with the touchscreen but otherwise it is phenominal... just a quick questiob for other users tho... I. Use the phones touch passcode capability to protect my privacy, but when I turn it on everything works but I see where it says this phone belongs to______, and cannot figure out how to edit the owner informatidon so that it will display my name... does any1 kno how? It gets hard telling my phone apart fron my girlfriends because she has an Ally as well and uses the same security feature that I do... if anyone knows shoot me an email @ matt4790@gmail.com or respond to my post, but an email would be greatly appreciated if at all possible so that I can fix this issue ASAP... thanks for potential help, enjoy this great phone

This Phone Belongs To is something that is set in an app that you downloaded. I think it is the anti virus app that has that setting.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    This Phone Belongs To is something that is set in an app that you downloaded. I think it is the anti virus app that has that setting.

I NOTICED YOU WROTE SOMETHING ABOUT AN ANTIVIRUS PROGRAM. IS THIS SOMETHING WE NEED ON THE ALLY? I'M SOOOOOO NEW TO SMART PHONES AND REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I'M DOING, ALTHOUGH I LOVE THIS PHONE. LOL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links