Smart Phones Make Me Feel Stupid...

This is a discussion on Smart Phones Make Me Feel Stupid... within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hello, everyone! I just got my Ally yesterday and I ADORE it. It's amazing. However, there are a few little setting things that I either ...

Thread: Smart Phones Make Me Feel Stupid...

Hello, everyone! I just got my Ally yesterday and I ADORE it. It's amazing. However, there are a few little setting things that I either can't figure out or don't know where to start.

1. I don't want a sound notification for e-mail, but I do want one for texts and other messages.

1.a. I can't seem to figure out how to set a solely vibrate notification for said texts and messages.

2. The bar at the top of the screen that lists downloads, text notifications, etc., is always full of past download things. How can I clear it up a bit?

3. How do I add a picture as a contact's picture?

These are the questions I've had in the last day or so. If anyone could give me some pointers, I'd really appreciate it!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I've had my Ally for two days now. I can understand how you feel.

I can answer the photo and the notification bar ??

When you open the notification bar (by dragging it down) there is a 'clear' button. That will get rid of everything in the notification bar.

To add someones picture, just go to the contact info. You'll see a little box that looks like it has a sketch of a mountain in it. Press on that, you will be prompted to select a photo. That's one that took me a while to figure out.

Mike

I think a good place to start is the Ally user guide thread

that is a great thread with many answers and tips for a new Ally user

All of your questions have been answered in the boards. Spend a little time searching and you will even find answers to questions you haven't thought of yet.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links