Help! What should I do?

This is a discussion on Help! What should I do? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; EDIT: Should be in LG Ally Help Section, put it here by accident. So, I have had my LG Ally for less than 30 days. ...

Thread: Help! What should I do?

EDIT: Should be in LG Ally Help Section, put it here by accident.

So, I have had my LG Ally for less than 30 days. I love the phone (it is my first smartphone, and my first touch screen, and my first slide, and my first Qwerty Keyboard). However, I have come up with a few bugs on it.

First, it was running very slowly and lagging quite badly so I had to do a factory reset. Since then I haven't gone crazy downloading apps and the speed is fine.

However, my battery does not seem to last a long time at all. In addition, many times when I take my phone out of my pocket, some crazy phone number is typed in, or i have sent a text message to someone in the form of "jshghkhgskhg". Also have pulled out my phone to see that I have called someone, or the phone is on the marketplace screen. It just seems to do stuff on its own in my front pocket (only thing in my pocket too).

Another thing that is annoying is that my text notification alert sound only works for about an hour after turn on. After that the sound WILL NOT PLAY when I recieve new text messages.

So with these small issues, I was thinking about returning for a new one under the manufacturer's warranty. I was also considering getting the insurance on the phone in case it gets lost/stolen/damaged.

Well wouldn't you know, i dropped the phone today and the screen cracked. The phone is still as functional as it was, but at this point I would like a new phone.

The insurance has a 90 dollar deductable attatched to it I am pretty sure. For 90 dollars plus the 6 dollars a month the insurance costs, thats 72 dollars for a year, I think I would rather save the 162 dollars because my phone still does get the job done. However, would it be possible to get a new phone for free via the manufacturing warranty because of the smaller issues I have been having with the phone despite the fact that the phone screen is cracked? If I bring my phone to the store are they going to cite the physical damage as the reason for my phone problems and not give me a new one? What should I do?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

what problems could I cite(covered by warranty) that would cause them to give me a different phone?

Most of what you have listed are common issues. It just depends on the rep you get as to if they will order you a replacement. With the cracked screen I think you are out of luck.

I have not had any sound issues except for once and a reboot solved my problem. I have called someone with my phone in the pocket but that was only because I forgot to lock it. It the phone is locked, it shouldn't send messages or call anyone.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links