average monthly data usage

This is a discussion on average monthly data usage within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I am a very heavy user of my phone. I do not have internet/wifi access at home so I use my phone for everything and ...

Thread: average monthly data usage

I am a very heavy user of my phone. I do not have internet/wifi access at home so I use my phone for everything and 98% of the time I am using 3g service. I have the unlimited data plan (obviously) so I never worried about the data I was using. I just checked it out of curiosity and so far this month I have used almost 900 mb with 12 days remaining on the current bill. At this rate I will probably have used over 1600 mb of data. Is this normal ? I'm just wondering the amount of data other heavy users are using on average ? Also, I do not know how anyone could possibly be able to stay under the 150 mb plan.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I have WiFi at home but rarely remember to turn it on for the phone. My plan just reset on the 12th and I already have 75 MB data usage. On average, I use about 900 MB a month.
    Motorola Droid 4

I've used 807 so far and my plan starts over on the 23rd. I also forget to turn the wifi on, but honestly, most of my usage is away from home (other than the background stuff that runs 24/7)

Saw this article on staying under 150 mb in a month. I'm trying it:

http://www.tested.com/news/how-andro...ata-plan/1183/

I only got a smartphone when they created those budget plans. I don't need the Internet all that often, but the phone downloads tons of stuff in the background. An average user would not be able to stay under that plan. You need to know what apps to use to disable the mobile network and switch to Wi-Fi, etc. In short, you need to be kind of a geek to get by on a limited plan. :-)

I am averaging about 3 gigs a month. Verizon doesn't care unless you go over 10. The unlimited options for 30 bucks a month is awesome you should get it now before they cancel it.

Quote Originally Posted by wheeleze View Post
    I am averaging about 3 gigs a month. Verizon doesn't care unless you go over 10. The unlimited options for 30 bucks a month is awesome you should get it now before they cancel it.

Verizon is telling new customers that if they become data hogs their connection speed will be reduced for the current month along with the next month. They are doing this because they are afraid that the iPhone will overload their system.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Verizon is telling new customers that if they become data hogs their connection speed will be reduced for the current month along with the next month. They are doing this because they are afraid that the iPhone will overload their system.

So, this is only for new customers or for everyone, you think? According to VZ mobile on my phone, my cycle ends 2/26 & I've currently used 2530997.3kb of data. Not sure how much that is in GB's, but it seems like a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by loveally View Post
    So, this is only for new customers or for everyone, you think? According to VZ mobile on my phone, my cycle ends 2/26 & I've currently used 2530997.3kb of data. Not sure how much that is in GB's, but it seems like a lot.

From what I read it was only for new customers. Verizon just can't change your plan whenever they want to because it is a contract. However, when you renew the contract, they can change it if they want but the article did not mention that.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    From what I read it was only for new customers. Verizon just can't change your plan whenever they want to because it is a contract. However, when you renew the contract, they can change it if they want but the article did not mention that.

Well, thankfully, my plan doesn't get updated for at least another 1.5 yrs. So, I'll be ok for awhile. Even if they did do something (companies have been known to screw around even with a contract, but I doubt VZ would), I would just get a cheap internet contract. So, no biggie. Thanks!!

Oh, and I am half way through the monthly billing cycle & I've used 5gigs already.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links