average monthly data usage

This is a discussion on average monthly data usage within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I am a very heavy user of my phone. I do not have internet/wifi access at home so I use my phone for everything and ...

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: average monthly data usage

  1. #1
    Android Lurker Taten91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    8
    I am a very heavy user of my phone. I do not have internet/wifi access at home so I use my phone for everything and 98% of the time I am using 3g service. I have the unlimited data plan (obviously) so I never worried about the data I was using. I just checked it out of curiosity and so far this month I have used almost 900 mb with 12 days remaining on the current bill. At this rate I will probably have used over 1600 mb of data. Is this normal ? I'm just wondering the amount of data other heavy users are using on average ? Also, I do not know how anyone could possibly be able to stay under the 150 mb plan.

  2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

  3. #2
    Android Junkie allyAndroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,413
    I have WiFi at home but rarely remember to turn it on for the phone. My plan just reset on the 12th and I already have 75 MB data usage. On average, I use about 900 MB a month.
    Motorola Droid 4

  4. #3
    Android Enthusiast Ak8s_lgally's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    310
    I've used 807 so far and my plan starts over on the 23rd. I also forget to turn the wifi on, but honestly, most of my usage is away from home (other than the background stuff that runs 24/7)

  5. #4
    Android Lurker phyllis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    20
    Saw this article on staying under 150 mb in a month. I'm trying it:

    http://www.tested.com/news/how-andro...ata-plan/1183/



    I only got a smartphone when they created those budget plans. I don't need the Internet all that often, but the phone downloads tons of stuff in the background. An average user would not be able to stay under that plan. You need to know what apps to use to disable the mobile network and switch to Wi-Fi, etc. In short, you need to be kind of a geek to get by on a limited plan. :-)

  6. #5
    Android Lurker wheeleze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1
    I am averaging about 3 gigs a month. Verizon doesn't care unless you go over 10. The unlimited options for 30 bucks a month is awesome you should get it now before they cancel it.

  7. #6
    Android Junkie allyAndroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by wheeleze View Post
    I am averaging about 3 gigs a month. Verizon doesn't care unless you go over 10. The unlimited options for 30 bucks a month is awesome you should get it now before they cancel it.


    Verizon is telling new customers that if they become data hogs their connection speed will be reduced for the current month along with the next month. They are doing this because they are afraid that the iPhone will overload their system.
    Motorola Droid 4

  8. #7
    Android Jr Member lovesstorms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Verizon is telling new customers that if they become data hogs their connection speed will be reduced for the current month along with the next month. They are doing this because they are afraid that the iPhone will overload their system.


    So, this is only for new customers or for everyone, you think? According to VZ mobile on my phone, my cycle ends 2/26 & I've currently used 2530997.3kb of data. Not sure how much that is in GB's, but it seems like a lot.

  9. #8
    Android Junkie allyAndroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by loveally View Post
    So, this is only for new customers or for everyone, you think? According to VZ mobile on my phone, my cycle ends 2/26 & I've currently used 2530997.3kb of data. Not sure how much that is in GB's, but it seems like a lot.


    From what I read it was only for new customers. Verizon just can't change your plan whenever they want to because it is a contract. However, when you renew the contract, they can change it if they want but the article did not mention that.
    Motorola Droid 4

  10. #9
    Android Jr Member lovesstorms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    From what I read it was only for new customers. Verizon just can't change your plan whenever they want to because it is a contract. However, when you renew the contract, they can change it if they want but the article did not mention that.


    Well, thankfully, my plan doesn't get updated for at least another 1.5 yrs. So, I'll be ok for awhile. Even if they did do something (companies have been known to screw around even with a contract, but I doubt VZ would), I would just get a cheap internet contract. So, no biggie. Thanks!!

  11. #10
    Android Jr Member lovesstorms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    48
    Oh, and I am half way through the monthly billing cycle & I've used 5gigs already.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search tags for this page

average data usage home internet
,
average home data usage
,
average home data use
,

average home internet data usage

,

average monthly data usage

,

average monthly data usage home internet

,
average monthly data usage home internet wifi
,
average monthly data use
,
average monthly household data use
,
average monthly internet data usage
,
how much is 75mb of data usage
,
lg ally monthly bills
,
typical monthly data usage
,
what is the average monthly data usage
,
what is the average monthly phone data udeage?
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum