Am I the only Ally user with a iMAC?

This is a discussion on Am I the only Ally user with a iMAC? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hello, I posted in the "help" forum but got no response(s). I got new phone Saturday and when I connected via USB to my MAC ...

Thread: Am I the only Ally user with a iMAC?

Hello,

I posted in the "help" forum but got no response(s). I got new phone Saturday and when I connected via USB to my MAC to transfer photos to phone but there was no msg. in notification bar.

Do I need to format the SD card?

Do I need a driver? I checked at www.lgmobilephones.com but none are listed for the MC.

If I cannot transfer photos and music I'll return this phone to Verizon...I hope I won't have to.

Thanks.

Cindy

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

i have a macbook. when i plug it in via usb i get 2 notifications. one was about usb debugging which i believe should just be left alone. the other was for mounting, which lets you drag and drop files onto the device. press the mounting notification and select mount phone and it should show up as a device in finder.

on a separate note...could anyone explain to me why system profiler recognizes the device but it doesnt show up in finder anymore? it worked fine for about a month or two after i got the phone and now i cant put music on it. i tried formatting...did nothing. now that i'm rooted i have the rom backup on my sd card that i want to put on my laptop just in case the sd card gets wiped. also im getting a better sd card this week that i would like to put the rom backup on. is there a way i could transfer it to the other sd card without my laptop?

edit

it stopped working before i rooted so that is not the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by amazinz5 View Post
    i have a macbook. when i plug it in via usb i get 2 notifications. one was about usb debugging which i believe should just be left alone. the other was for mounting, which lets you drag and drop files onto the device. press the mounting notification and select mount phone and it should show up as a device in finder.

on a separate note...could anyone explain to me why system profiler recognizes the device but it doesnt show up in finder anymore? it worked fine for about a month or two after i got the phone and now i cant put music on it. i tried formatting...did nothing. now that i'm rooted i have the rom backup on my sd card that i want to put on my laptop just in case the sd card gets wiped. also im getting a better sd card this week that i would like to put the rom backup on. is there a way i could transfer it to the other sd card without my laptop?

edit

it stopped working before i rooted so that is not the issue.

Did you have to format the SD card or download a driver for the notification to work?

Thanks.

It worked when I plugged into the computer directly rather than using an extension USB cord.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links