SYSTEM UPDATE!

This is a discussion on SYSTEM UPDATE! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; It is the old update. Why can't I delete posts? Please delete this Mod person. I feel like a dork. I thought I had some ...

Thread: SYSTEM UPDATE!

It is the old update. Why can't I delete posts?

Please delete this Mod person. I feel like a dork. I thought I had some breaking news, but alas it's way old news.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Only a mod can delete a post.
    Motorola Droid 4

I don't suppose there is a way to turn off the system update notifications?

It should have gone away after you updated.
    Motorola Droid 4

It did go away after I updated. The idea was not to update and not to see the reminder..

Already I hate the update. Now when I open ATK the phone has started 12 tasks. It used to only have 3 or 4 open.

I know everyone wants another update to fix this one. I suspect if Verizon does do another update it will have Bing and VZ Navigator on it. All their new droid phones are getting those worthless apps.

The download for the POS update was 26mb. Not trivial when you're on the 150mb plan!

I could be wrong, but I don't think Verizon counts system updates against your plan. It should have said something to that effect at the start.

I just got the notification too, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I had no idea if it was just the old one or a totally new one. My phone really only shut off and started right back up. Not sure if it was rejected because of root or what have you. But that's the entire reason I logged on to check if something was going down. Had you not posted I wouldn't have found it as quickly. So from my perspective it was a good thing. Thanks;P
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Quote Originally Posted by Sasha View Post
    I just got the notification too, so don't feel like the Lone Ranger. I had no idea if it was just the old one or a totally new one. My phone really only shut off and started right back up. Not sure if it was rejected because of root or what have you. But that's the entire reason I logged on to check if something was going down. Had you not posted I wouldn't have found it as quickly. So from my perspective it was a good thing. Thanks;P

is there anyway to see what was actually in the update?

like an info screen or something?

i was browsing around the phone before work and i didnt see anything in the menu's that gave a description of what was actually in the update

i was contemplating Rooting, but decided against it, now, I'm definitely going to do it, to get rid of all this stuff i will never use.

I had a feeling the new 'upgrade' VZC would have more worthless crap on it and it wouldn't address anything that VCB broke.

I suspect VZ navigator will take up a bunch more memory and it will start itself at random and often.

Does having VZ navigator prevent you from using Google Navigator?

Not only does Verizon not listen to customers, it does things just to piss them off (or so it seems).

There are about 10 different threads about the recent update. We should concentrate on keeping it all in one thread. Here is the thread with the announcement from LG PRO: http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/18...ersion-is-vzc/
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links