50% Bug Fixed with Update??

This is a discussion on 50% Bug Fixed with Update?? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Up until now every day my phone has shown between 80% - 99% without signal. Yesterday I got a notification to download the latest system ...

Thread: 50% Bug Fixed with Update??

Android Jr Member stingrayracing's Avatar
    Up until now every day my phone has shown between 80% - 99% without signal. Yesterday I got a notification to download the latest system update which I did. I recharged my phone over night and nothing has changed in my location or use today from before. Now my phone shows 12%-15% without signal and my battery status shows more charge left after 8 hours. What's the deal? Has anyone else noticed this?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

What update?

Android Jr Member stingrayracing's Avatar
    I don't know if it had a number or any other designation. I just received a notification of a system update ready for download. I clicked download, took a few minutes to download, and then the phone rebooted. It took longer than normal to reboot but then all my setitngs looked the same. Nothing change in appearance. Go figure. I don't really know what it changed. But now it seems like my battery is lasting longer and the time without signal is much less. This is only the first day after update so it may change tomorrow; I hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    I don't know if it had a number or any other designation. I just received a notification of a system update ready for download. I clicked download, took a few minutes to download, and then the phone rebooted. It took longer than normal to reboot but then all my setitngs looked the same. Nothing change in appearance. Go figure. I don't really know what it changed. But now it seems like my battery is lasting longer and the time without signal is much less. This is only the first day after update so it may change tomorrow; I hope not.

Yea, I had the update as well this morning. Got all excited like it might be the big one we have all been waiting for .... oh well just an update to the 2.1 version. Have not noticed anything different yet ... except for all the bulky apps that I don't want, still can't be deleted. Still trying to figure out why LG and Verizon would offer a phone that has such a small internal memory without the ability to store on the external. If I notice anything super different over the next few days ... I will post it here.

Brian

What is the SW version shown in the Settings>>About Phone>>SW Version after this update? The last update we got was VS740ZVB

Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    What is the SW version shown in the Settings>>About Phone>>SW Version after this update? The last update we got was VS740ZVB

I got that one friday, we are just getting caught up with everyone. And I still get the 50% bug, even though Im starting to think it does not effect battery life.

Quote Originally Posted by foster View Post
    I got that one friday, we are just getting caught up with everyone. And I still get the 50% bug, even though Im starting to think it does not effect battery life.

ah ok so the last update is still getting pushed out to some people, I wondered because there is supposed to be an update before 2.2 to fix the things that were broken by the ZVB update

as each day and month passes it seems more and more doubtful we will get either an update to ZVB or 2.2 on the Ally but maybe LG and Verizon will prove me wrong

Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    ah ok so the last update is still getting pushed out to some people, I wondered because there is supposed to be an update before 2.2 to fix the things that were broken by the ZVB update

as each day and month passes it seems more and more doubtful we will get either an update to ZVB or 2.2 on the Ally but maybe LG and Verizon will prove me wrong

ZVC released a few days ago. Heres the rundown of fixes:

Improvements:

+ Improved ability to play audio that is received via

picture message.

+ Improved Exchange ActiveSync® (EAS) calendar synching.

+ EAS provisioning feature is now compatible with all

Microsoft® Exchange servers.

Enhancements:

+ New version of Skype mobile.™

+ VZ Navigator® is now preloaded on device.

All useless garbage. Thanks for nothing Verizon.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse153 View Post
    ZVC released a few days ago. Heres the rundown of fixes:

Improvements:

+ Improved ability to play audio that is received via

picture message.

+ Improved Exchange ActiveSync® (EAS) calendar synching.

+ EAS provisioning feature is now compatible with all

Microsoft® Exchange servers.

Enhancements:

+ New version of Skype mobile.™

+ VZ Navigator® is now preloaded on device.

All useless garbage. Thanks for nothing Verizon.

after all this time and all the posts on the LG forum talking about the problems the VZB update caused for protected apps there is no fix for it

thx for the info Darkhorse153 and now I see the thread on the LG forum talking about the new VZC update

There are about 10 different threads about the recent update. We should concentrate on keeping it all in one thread. Here is the thread with the announcement from LG PRO: http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/18...ersion-is-vzc/
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links