MOTO 4G Phones to make DROIDS equivalent to toys.
This is a discussion on MOTO 4G Phones to make DROIDS equivalent to toys. within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I was at the VZW store today with yet another LG Ally problem, and got some very insightful information from a long time employee who ...
I was at the VZW store today with yet another LG Ally problem, and got some very insightful information from a long time employee who has always helped me. He told me many things:
1) The LG Ally will probably never, ever get 2.2 Froyo
2) In Q1/2 of next year, Motorola will be releasing the official Verizon 4G Phone. The email sent to the store said that these phones will put "All droids to shame, and make them look like toys."
Imagine. My Ally hesitates when I open up Messaging, and the Moto X already flings open an entire game app in a split second. Think about what these phones will be like.
Android.net is the premier Android Forum
. Registered users do not see these ads. .
I can only imagine how the android phone/other phones in general are going to be even by the summer/next Christmas. Soon they will be able to make coffee for you while driving you to work!
I am excited for my next upgrade which will be next fall, and I'll be able to get a "pretty phone." At the moment the Ally is great, but as we all know, it is only taking baby steps compared to other phones. =]
Hogwash! If there was such an E-mail phone blogger sites would be all up on it. Which is exactly why that is not how Press Releases work-- especially 1 month before frivolous shopping season! Even Motorola would try to push their current phone sales over a phone to come potentially in 3 to 6 months.
Originally Posted by AllyJake
This is a real sore point for some, would I like to see it yes, mainly for applications on SD and I prefer to be current when it comes to OS things. Another recent post about LG and specifically the VS740/Ally/Shine
Which is why the i1 is still sitting on the shelf at the store. 1.5! ! ! Seriously Motorola? HOW STUPID! Especially for a company in their situation and position. (see below)
Originally Posted by AllyJake
This is not critical, its information and commentary on the situation with Motorola and VZW and LTE...
1) Motorola has BET the COMPANY or at least the cell phone division on ANDROID. So any phone they release is likely to be an Android phone regardless if its LTE or CDMA. Considering the litigation and the situation I doubt we see a WP7 Motorola device. Which in part may be the real driving force behind the suit v. patents but that was the tactic they chose to use to try to force a Motorola wp7 device(s).
2) Notes about LTE -
a) VOICE will still be ON CDMA for now - The voice protocol for LTE has not be finalized yet. From the voice protocol standards to what happens when you dial 911 or 999 etc..
b ) LTE is pure IP end to end its all data start to finish so..theres a lot that can be done with it...
Originally Posted by sierra toucan
The single line "ticker" thats on the Samsung.. I like depending on what can be done with it...
I am not a big smartphone person... As matter of fact the LG Ally is my first foray into this, since it was a freebie. I went through tons of reviews about various issues from 2.2, to battery(s), to responsiveness etc..
The overriding factors:
1) Cost - Free for me as an upgrade. In 20+ years with VZW (since it was Bell Atlantic Mobile) I've only ever used them to get a new or upgrade twice. I normally purchase my own outright or via Ebay. While I am not a big fan of contracts.. I've been with then 20+ years, and I am not likely to change now! I also normally keep phones 5+ years.
2) PHYSICAL KEYBOARD
a) Docking cradle
b ) Nav mount
I prefer to have "drop in" type chargers.. which I had to scour Ebay to find the OEM LG one for the Decy VX8610 I upgraded from... but I found them! I like to drop n charge and grab and go! The Nav mount sort of sealed the deal..
I wouldn't even consider anything else! I am a Linux user, so that should answer that one!
I also plan to use it to test out development of things for my personal and work needs.
5) OPEN - I don't like being told what I can and can't do with MY DEVICE from the software to run to what I put on it be it applications, ring tones what have you. That other company and its walled off garden reminds me of something from recent history....... " Mr.... tear down this wall!" (HINT!)
So heres hoping LG and the rest of the BS from the litigation is settled soon, and LG follows up the Ally with a Super Ally with a 1GHz Snapdragon, 5MP or better camera, 2.2, how about leading the pack and throwing in 802.11a too! (I have tons of this stuff over 802.11b/g). The Vortex does not work for me as its has no physical keyboard.
Search tags for this page
how to make toys phones
lg ally 4g
lg ally tooy
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.