Don't get your hopes up. Ally might not get 2.2 update.

This is a discussion on Don't get your hopes up. Ally might not get 2.2 update. within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Just use one of the one-click root apps, either Universal Androot or z4root. No linux or computer experience needed. Just install and click the root ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Don't get your hopes up. Ally might not get 2.2 update.

Just use one of the one-click root apps, either Universal Androot or z4root. No linux or computer experience needed. Just install and click the root button. Two seconds later you will be rooted. You can even unroot just as easily if you have second thoughts after you do it.

Oh, I understand the one click rooting part. It's what to do AFTER rooting such as getting rid of preinstalled apps that I have no clue about. I guess it's sort of like giving the car keys to my 8 year old. She can start the car, but trusting her on the road is a totally different thing!

LOL, reminds me of that commercial where the dad hands his keys to his daughter.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    I'm rooted and switch between Velocity and Raptor ROMs and have apps2SD, so I don't really worry about internal space at all.

Val...could you please advise where you got the ROM and how to install it? I am rooted on version ZVC.

Thanks

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    Val...could you please advise where you got the ROM and how to install it? I am rooted on version ZVC.

Thanks

www.savoxis.com/ally There's a great repository here with everything you need.

So far the Froyo cooked up by Getitnowmarketing aka Drellisdee and the rest of the crew is scoring 1300+ on Quadrant.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    www.savoxis.com/ally There's a great repository here with everything you need.

So far the Froyo cooked up by Getitnowmarketing aka Drellisdee and the rest of the crew is scoring 1300+ on Quadrant.

Is it hard to install? What are the steps?

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    Is it hard to install? What are the steps?

There are steps on the previously linked page that say how to flash a new ROM.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you're asking for steps about the Froyo build you're not ready for it. The Froyo currently available is *not* suitable for everyday use and is being used for debugging and development purposes only.

No, nothing to do with the froyo build. I just wanted to try out Velocity .3 with apps2sd. There would be no reason to wait for 2.2 then.

I just want to make sure I dont brick my phone. LOL

For us people that don't know too much about our phones and do not feel comfortable rooting it and just don't wanna risk it, this 2.2 update is a must. We really need it. It would solve a lot of problems. Especially the issue with space and speed. Like I posted on another thread, I think we we will get the update. I have searched all over the internet and found a lot of people posting their conversations with LG. And in every one, LG says yes we are definitely getting the update but no date is confirmed. All these conversations happened within the last couple months. Imo, they intended to give it to us sooner but it was delayed for some reason.

2.2 only partially solves the space issue since devs have the option of letting their app be installed to SD, or not.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links