Don't get your hopes up. Ally might not get 2.2 update.

This is a discussion on Don't get your hopes up. Ally might not get 2.2 update. within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; True. But, at least it will partially solve it. I will take anything I can get! Lol...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Don't get your hopes up. Ally might not get 2.2 update.

True. But, at least it will partially solve it. I will take anything I can get! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Understood, but that's why I never installed an update beyond version V8. I read too many horror stories about how the VZB and the VZC update caused problems so I just avoided them. Plus, once I rooted my phone and created a custom ROM from the stock V8 ROM, my phone has never run better. I removed most of the software that came preinstalled with the phone, added a few of my own apps that I will always use and then flashed this custom stock ROM. I ended up with a phone that runs super smooth and had 142mb of storage space instead of the 128mb the phone shipped with. Now that I have added some of the market apps and a custom launcher, I still have 128mb left so app space is not a big issue for me.

It helps that i'm not a big app guy. I have installed what I need which isn't much, but I totally understand how people who do like to try a lot of apps would benefit from Froyo. The apps2sd feature would be a welcome addition for people who use their phone more than I do. As long as I have the internet, Google maps, my golf GPS app, my music downloader app and a few time wasting games, i'm content so 128mb is still plent of space for me. That's why Froyo won't help me much. I don't do a ton of stuff with my phone. To be honest, SDCard space is more important than app space because I like to listen to music so I download a lot of songs. Plus, I convert DVD's to watch on my Ally when i'm away so I need SDCard space to store the converted movies.

Joe I am looking to root my phone - did you follow a particular method I could find online?

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I used Universal Androot. I hear Z4root is an easy tool to use too.

If you are on version ZVC, Z4Root works perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Just use one of the one-click root apps, either Universal Androot or z4root. No linux or computer experience needed. Just install and click the root button. Two seconds later you will be rooted. You can even unroot just as easily if you have second thoughts after you do it.

thnx for the info I am w others here, afraid to root for fear of bricking my phone - and voiding the warranty

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links