photo to wallpaper..making me crazy!!!

This is a discussion on photo to wallpaper..making me crazy!!! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I'm sorry b/c I think this has been asked already but I couldn't find the answer! I have multiple photos that I've taken with my ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: photo to wallpaper..making me crazy!!!

I'm sorry b/c I think this has been asked already but I couldn't find the answer! I have multiple photos that I've taken with my camera or that have been sent to me via text or email. They look great when I view them in the gallery but when I try to set them as wallpaper, it crops the pic, then enlarges it so its distorted & looks bad??? Does anyone know how to use the whole photo...just as it appears in my gallery as the wallpaper?

Whats the deal with this phone...it's driving me insane! I'm thinkin I may hate it! lol

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

First off, the picture must be at least 960x800 in size to fit the screen properly. If someone is sending you a photo that is smaller than 960x800, it will look bad because it will get stretched to fit the screen. If the picture is larger than 960x800 then you will either have to send it to your PC and resize it, then send it back to your phone or you will have to accept that you can only use part of the picture

Also, when you choose the picture you want from the Gallery, are you draging the crop box to cover the entire photo or as much as it will cover if it's larger than 960x800? Press on the photo and it should bring up a crop box with some arrows. Then Press and drag one of the arrows out. This will expand the crop box to cover as much space as it can. I always have to flip to landscape mode to get the crop box to stretch out as far as it can, but you might not have that problem.

Okay, I'll try to find out what the resolution is of the pics (I assume it tells me somewhere on the phone??). And yes, I'm using the crop box b/c it makes me but I can never get it to go over very much of the photo... which is kinda what is causing the problem. I would love for it to not make me use the crop box & just stick the photo on the wallpaper as is. Thanks though.. I'll play around some more.

Also, how are you moving it to landscape on the phone? I see the rotate button but not an option for that? At first glance, I'm also not seeing the resolution (just the size of the photo..mb, kb, etc)

Flip the phone on it's side.

And it won't use the picture as is unless it is a 960x800 picture. That's not an Ally problem. It's the same for any android phone. The wallpaper size has to match the screen resolution size or it won't display the whole pic. I usually transfer my pics to my PC and make them 960x800 before I set them as the wallpaper. Just makes life so much easier.

I see. Although I emailed it to my computer & tried to change resolution (Office Picture Manager) & when I type in "960 x 800".. for some reason its auto changing it to 720 x 960. So I thought I would give that a whirl, emailed it back to myself but now the stupid phone isn't letting me save the email pic to my phone at all. Menu won't come up & when I press & hold on the phot, the menu & so forth flashes for a split second & then disappears..won't let me do anything. Have I mentioned I hate this phone?? Lol. thanks so much for ur help! What do you use to change resolution?

I use paint shop pro.

The reason it's reverting to a different size is the aspect ratio for the pic is different than the aspect ratio for 960x800. You will need to resize it to something close to 960x800 and then crop out the difference until you end up with a pic that is 960x800. You'll lose some of the pic, but that's the way it has to be.

I never email my pics back so I can't help you there. When I want to transfer things to and from my phone, I connect the phone to my PC via the usb cable.

Can you tell I'm kinda smart phone stupid...connecting to my PC didn't even dawn on me!! lol thx!

I'm not sure if this is the same thing you're after, but I used to use photos of my nephew, & or my dogs on my Trance and just about every other camera phone I've ever had. As for wallpaper they don't really work, but I did find the picture frame widget to be a really satisfactory & really much more useful way of doing the same thing. I use Launcherpro home and I have up to 7 (I think) screens and a photo of a dog or nephew/girlfriend/boyfriend/mom/dad/horse/barn/car/whatever on each one. It's sort of funny because I'd owned the phone and been playing around with it for at least 3 or 4 months before I even realized this was an option. I may be way off in that you're wanting a background of a loved one. But when I first saw your post I just assumed that was what it was about. If not I apologize for my incorrect conclusion. If like me you are unaware of it, it is a really cool feature, & it's good to know about it now. Pretty self explanatory too once you've messed about with it a bit.

Cheers
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Android Sr Member blackmetalbuick's Avatar
    The entire size of the background wallpaper is 960x800 pixels. Each wallpaper subsection measures 480x800 pixels in size.

So basically if you want to use a picture and have it look good on just one main screen of the phone without having to scroll to see it all, you'll want your overall image to be 960x800, but you'll want to make sure your main subject is within the center 480x800. This can be kinda hard to pull off if you aren't familiar with photoshop or similar programs.
    LG Ally - SW V 8 - Rooted - Velocity 0.3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links