Printing wirelessly

This is a discussion on Printing wirelessly within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Does anyone know of a way to print pictures, etc wirelessly to a wireless printer from the LG Ally? It is a Kodak WiFi printer ...

Thread: Printing wirelessly

Does anyone know of a way to print pictures, etc wirelessly to a wireless printer from the LG Ally? It is a Kodak WiFi printer and is on my home network.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Awesome! I will give this a try this evening. Thanks for the guidance!!

Just a note that the referenced software does not have Linux support any longer. They have removed the download an mention of it from any site that had it.

If some one has the Linux install, please let me know as I would love to try this, and put the download back up.

Looks the Linux .deb package has been gone for some time however do some more research. it looks as if you may be able to use your web browser. Check out post # 5 here.

http://androidforums.com/android-app...over-wifi.html

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    Looks the Linux .deb package has been gone for some time however do some more research. it looks as if you may be able to use your web browser. Check out post # 5 here.

http://androidforums.com/android-app...over-wifi.html

Thanks but this application on further research is a scam for $5/mo and has limits. Its support is ZERO, non existant. So I'll pass.

The listed "cloud" printing unfortunately this still leads to:

"Currently, we are developing a proxy for Windows and will support Mac and Linux later on as well. "

google continues to prove it still doesn't get it! They ABUSE Linux, but leave its users out in the cold. I don't use winslopper for anything. I no longer support it to others for any thing.

I have 2 HP AIO network based printers at home, 2 Sharp AIO ( very $$$$$$$$$$$) at work, one does full CYMK color, fax. All are on the LAN, but the LAN is not going to pass IPP, thats just asking for security issues.

Android just needs to put the CUPS system in the OS and be done with it. Instant printing. Done.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links