restarting ally

This is a discussion on restarting ally within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; How often should the Ally be shut down and restarted? I never shut mine down. the other day my battery was dropping like a rock ...

Thread: restarting ally

How often should the Ally be shut down and restarted?

I never shut mine down. the other day my battery was dropping like a rock and I wasn't using it. Checked and couldn't find what was draining it. So I shut it down , restarted and charged it and it is fine. i usually have to charge every other night.

Thanks

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I don't know how often you SHOULD do it, but I do probably once a day to every couple of days.

I only do it when the phone starts acting odd and killing everything doesn't solve ith which is about once or twice a week.
    Motorola Droid 4

Agreed. When my phone gets sluggish or does something weird I restart. An example of something weird is if a download or upload never completes and never resolves itself (stays in the notification bar), like it is stuck.

BTW, did you check out Running Services to check if something was running in the background? That might help you find the culprit App (if it is because of a running App). The other day I tried the new FBReader App for eBooks. My phone got sluggish. I found this App was running without me being aware so I quickly got rid of that App. There is no reason for a Book Reader to run without being on-screen! After removal I restarted, and my phone was back to normal.

I shut mine down every night and turn it back on every morning. What's the point of having it on overnight when I have no intentions of using it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    I shut mine down every night and turn it back on every morning. What's the point of having it on overnight when I have no intentions of using it?

fyi

There is a Timeriffic app (free) that allows you to set a timer for the phone to sleep. You can also set the ringer to vibrate or not, turn off 3G, etc.

My phone shuts off at 10:00 pm and wakes up at 6:00 am.

An Alarm is set is one reason...

Emergency calls is another...

Do you charge overnight? If so, your phone is not off. The phone turns on while charging.

You can also put the phone into Silent mode overnight. Your alarm will still sound. The phone cannot turn itself off and still know what time it is (6am). I suspect the App mentioned is really manipulating settings to look off... like when Juliet takes that potion. I have heard good things about that App, but I don't think it is working quite as described. But hey- if it works for you, that is great!

Ally is the only phone I have, no land line. Not only do I leave it on in case get a emergancy call, but what if I have to make a emergancy call? I really don't to have to wait for it to start up.

I never questioned why anyone else would leave it on. If you read my response, I said 'when I have no intentions of using it'.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links