Froyo Updates - Interesting Read

This is a discussion on Froyo Updates - Interesting Read within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; http://blogs.computerworld.com/17649/android_upgrades Brief mention on the LG Ally and a good read overall. Being an Ally owner it was no surprise to see how poorly LG ...

Thread: Froyo Updates - Interesting Read

http://blogs.computerworld.com/17649/android_upgrades

Brief mention on the LG Ally and a good read overall. Being an Ally owner it was no surprise to see how poorly LG measured up.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I read a Top 10 Android phone report today. I am sad to report that the Ally wasn't listed.
    Motorola Droid 4

In the link at the bottom to another article it says that Verizon is the fastest to upgrade eligible phones to 2.2 which is around 58 days

using that June 23, 2010 date mentioned in the linked blog that means it will be 222+ days beginning February 1st that we have waited to get 2.2 on the Ally

I'm thankful that we're getting the upgrade. Some phones were not as lucky.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I read a Top 10 Android phone report today. I am sad to report that the Ally wasn't listed.

I don't pay attention to those things, as they're usually not very objective. I love my Ally. It functions perfectly for my needs.

Same here.

I just think it's funny that the only publicity the Ally gets is lame or added as an after thought.The keyboard alone makes it better than most of the phones on the list.
    Motorola Droid 4

Same here.

I just think it's funny that the only publicity the Ally gets is lame or added as an after thought.The keyboard alone makes it better than most of the phones on the list.

Ya Evo just came out with an "Ally" version, smaller with a keyboard. It's still pretty much the only phone out there that I'd want. Definitely the one I'd want from Verizon.

Same here.

Its always that way for LG for some reason. The EnV Touch was an amazing phone but never got decent reception. It had Dolby quality speakers, two full 3 inch screens and a 3.5mm headphone jack when most phones had a 2.5mm mini jack.

I would say its marketing really. LG needs to market and support their phones better. Maybe step up development. I would like to know if the Ally might get 2.3 since its just some enhancements.

Hell LG just showed off the first dual core smart phone a bit ago. My next Android will likley be a LG as long as it has a real keyboard.

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links