Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

This is a discussion on Froyo Released via LG Update Tool within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Ally Android I'm having the same issue with Vista. I even turned off my Firewall thinking that was the issue. No luck. ...

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I'm having the same issue with Vista. I even turned off my Firewall thinking that was the issue. No luck. It gets to downloading and stops.

Try running it in XP compatability mode. The LG Update tool never liked Vista or 7 for me and luckily I have a XP machine. But try compatability mode and see if it works.

Just got my phone completed and am going to check it out. I was expecting it to erase everything but it didn't so far. I am excited really. Early release. Well late for us but earlier than we expected.

Read my other thread about FROYO/DEBUG/USB.................. it was solved for me running Windows 7.....changed the program to run in WinXP service pack 3 mode....downloading as I write this...crossing my fingers, LOL !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ally_Doug View Post
    I'm having big problems with LG's software and the latest just happenes to be downloading. The progress bar gets to a whopping 0% and after several minutes tells me to check my internet connection and hit restart. LOL. My internet connection is fine. WTF??? You wait this long for 2.2, you would think they would have their software working by now. I am also running Windows 7. Anyone get LG's wonderful software to run on Windows 7?

Are you clicking Run or save to?

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    Are you clicking Run or save to?

Intrimazz, not clicking either hehe. I mean in the LG Utility software, after it ANALYZES eveything, then goes to DOWNLOAD, it never bigins the download and says to check the internet connection, but problem is solved for me.. I'm at 66% on the upload to phone now WHOO HOO !!!!!!

Still nothing for me. I tried running in Compatibility mode for XP and still get nothing.

Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Still nothing for me. I tried running in Compatibility mode for XP and still get nothing.

I will search teh webs for more info and see what I can get. I am going to try my wifes phone on my PC since she is now using hers and if it doesn't work I will find what I can.

You said you are using Vista though, right? Not a bad OS but liked to be a tad difficult.

Yep, Vista Home Premium SP2

My work laptop has XP on it but they frown on installing non-corporate software on it. I might try it anyways.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysmitty View Post
    I will search teh webs for more info and see what I can get. I am going to try my wifes phone on my PC since she is now using hers and if it doesn't work I will find what I can.

You said you are using Vista though, right? Not a bad OS but liked to be a tad difficult.

Maybe my Vista Ultimate 64bit gives it an edge over Home Premium. I have had zero issues with this OS but then again, I also have a pretty good system.

But then again. my husband's Acer Aspire netbook on Win 7 Home Premium 32bit also had no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    Maybe my Vista Ultimate 64bit gives it an edge over Home Premium. I have had zero issues with this OS but then again, I also have a pretty good system.

But then again. my husband's Acer Aspire netbook on Win 7 Home Premium 32bit also had no issues.

I never had problems with Vista. The LG tool didn't like it then again it was back when Vista first came out so the devs were a tad behind.

But if I had to choose or suggest between 7 and Vista, it would be 7 64. Not even 7 32bit. 32 is just not as good as the 64bit version is.

I googled but didn't find anything releated to it. Not sure but maybe the XP laptop is the way to go. Just do it then uninstall the LG Update tool. Not like they will know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysmitty View Post
    I never had problems with Vista. The LG tool didn't like it then again it was back when Vista first came out so the devs were a tad behind.

But if I had to choose or suggest between 7 and Vista, it would be 7 64. Not even 7 32bit. 32 is just not as good as the 64bit version is.

I googled but didn't find anything releated to it. Not sure but maybe the XP laptop is the way to go. Just do it then uninstall the LG Update tool. Not like they will know.

Yea I had my machine built months before 7 was released and since I sprung for Ultimate version, I wasn't about to pay more for negligible improvements. My husband's netbook doesn't need anything higher than Home premium. I agree with you tho, I would totally advise a new computer purchaser to grab 7 ultimate.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links