Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

This is a discussion on Froyo Released via LG Update Tool within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Intrimazz Yea I had my machine built months before 7 was released and since I sprung for Ultimate version, I wasn't about ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    Yea I had my machine built months before 7 was released and since I sprung for Ultimate version, I wasn't about to pay more for negligible improvements. My husband's netbook doesn't need anything higher than Home premium. I agree with you tho, I would totally advise a new computer purchaser to grab 7 ultimate.

Understandable. I got 7 Ultimate for $200 when it hit though. I was running the Ultimate RC1 and MS told me it was invalid. they offered me full retail 7 Ultimate for $200 instead of the normal $500 and I was like steal.

Haven't tried my wifes phone yet. Had to charge it so not sure if it will even work for me (the compatability mode).

Android Lurker corndancer_lgally's Avatar
    Same issue here...Vista and stuck on 0% at 12 minutes ET.

Well I am doing it now on my 7 machine on my wifes phone and its going. Albiet its slow (damn LG servers) even on a 25-30Mb connection. I guess it could be a Vista issue. I would try doing compatability for XP SP2 instead and see if that works. If not you need a XP machine. Or if all else fails, do it on a 7 machine on XP SP3 compatability mode.

If that all fails, you migh have to wait for the OTA but I doubt it will be much longer.

I'm not having any better luck on my XP laptop. I imagine the server is being overloaded by the number of people trying to upgrade.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I'm not having any better luck on my XP laptop. I imagine the server is being overloaded by the number of people trying to upgrade.

My wifes is having a weird thing happening. The updater downloaded the software without a problem and is now at 7% on the 'Update' part. it keeps counting down from 60 seconds to 0. Hope its not flippin on me.

Hmm, I used windows 7 starter with no problems.

When I ran the software the first thing I did was install the drivers from within the software, and then unplugged my phone from usb and plugged it back in.

then the software recognized my phone, searched for an update and then I started the update, download was 120mb, but didnt take long ( 10Mbit DL Speed)

I didnt run into any problems at all

Also should note that I had no anti virus software running during the update and I also closed my web browser just to be safe.

I did not need to adjust any compatibility settings or add any firewall exceptions. Everything just worked for me.

total process took me about 15-20 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by XPeteX47 View Post
    Hmm, I used windows 7 starter with no problems.

When I ran the software the first thing I did was install the drivers from within the software, and then unplugged my phone from usb and plugged it back in.

then the software recognized my phone, searched for an update and then I started the update, download was 120mb, but didnt take long ( 10Mbit DL Speed)

I didnt run into any problems at all.

I restarted it twice with no luck. kept stopping at 7%. So then I closed the updater tool and took off compatability mode. Then it had to redownload the file but this time didn't stick. Now I am waiting to see if it works or not.

I give up. I have spent 5 hours trying to get past the Downloading screen on 2 different computers. 1 with Vista and 1 with XP. Guess I will just have to wait for the OTA in Feb.

Motorola Droid 4

Who knows, maybe lg doesn't host there updates on a high bandwidth server, so the minimal traffic of users installing 2.2 today could be causing connection problems.

After the update I decided to do a hard reset. This was mainly because some of my apps were removed / replaced, and the cache of those apps seemed to get locked on the phone, which was hogging my available memory.

Also Z4root no longer seems to work after this update. the app crashes whenever I try to root my phone.

Does anyone know any other root apps that may work?

Mine worked. Here's what I did, may or may not have been the reason it worked so take it for what it's worth.

Make sure you unmount your SD card rather than just pop it out.

Plug the phone into the USB and connect it to the computer THEN turn on USB debugging.

Perhaps it was a coincidence, or maybe these things helped. They are the only thing I did different and breezed thru the update and now I'm rocking me some delish froyo.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links