Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

This is a discussion on Froyo Released via LG Update Tool within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Ally Android I give up. I have spent 5 hours trying to get past the Downloading screen on 2 different computers. 1 ...

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I give up. I have spent 5 hours trying to get past the Downloading screen on 2 different computers. 1 with Vista and 1 with XP. Guess I will just have to wait for the OTA in Feb.

Strangley when I redid it without compatability mode selected and running the application as administrator (right click and "Run As Administrator") it worked. Try that.

As for rooting 2.2, you could try Easy Root. Not sure as I have never rooted my Ally. Might try a hard reset on the phone but will wait till tomorrow as I need to backup my SMS and such.

I have tried running as an Admin. I turned off Anti Virus and Firewall. I unmounted the SD Card. I tried starting in Debug mode and starting not in Debug mode. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software. I even did a Factory Reset to clean the phone up and tried again. Each time I get to the download section and nothing happens. After about 10-15 minutes I get the please check your internet connection error.

I consider myself to be somewhat technical and this is driving me up the freakin wall.
    Motorola Droid 4

you could try this http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/client...2CAppSetup.exe

its the same program, just version 1.0.1.7 instead of 1.0.1.8

they both look and seem to work the same, maybe this version will work for you.

Quote Originally Posted by XPeteX47 View Post
    you could try this http://csmg.lgmobile...B2CAppSetup.exe

its the same program, just version 1.0.1.7 instead of 1.0.1.8

they both look and seem to work the same, maybe this version will work for you.

That is the version I downloaded. I am downloading 1.0.1.8 now to see if that works.
    Motorola Droid 4

Did you unmonu the SD card and remove it?

Might help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysmitty View Post
    Did you unmonu the SD card and remove it?

Might help.

Yes I did.

The other version gets stuck at the same location too.
    Motorola Droid 4

I am rooted with a custom ROM, Velocity 4 with OC kernel. Will this work on my phone? What would I have to do make it work?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Nikon View Post
    I am rooted with a custom ROM, Velocity 4 with OC kernel. Will this work on my phone? What would I have to do make it work?

I think you will have to do a full reset to the original kernal and ROM as well as unroot your phone.

AA, what version of Windows and SP is on your work laptop? And do you have full administrative rights or just the ability to install/uninstall?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysmitty View Post
    I think you will have to do a full reset to the original kernal and ROM as well as unroot your phone.

AA, what version of Windows and SP is on your work laptop? And do you have full administrative rights or just the ability to install/uninstall?

I don't have full admin rights on the laptop. They have them locked down pretty tight. I was even in their IT department for a couple of years and even then I had to fight to get software I needed to do my job.

I built my home computer and this is the first time I have come across something that has given me this much trouble.

Oh well, it has been 6 hours now and I have to get some sleep for work tomorrow.
    Motorola Droid 4

Only other thing I can think of is maybe it is getting blocked by a firewall in your router, if you use one.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links