Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

This is a discussion on Froyo Released via LG Update Tool within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Ally Android I don't have full admin rights on the laptop. They have them locked down pretty tight. I was even in ...

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I don't have full admin rights on the laptop. They have them locked down pretty tight. I was even in their IT department for a couple of years and even then I had to fight to get software I needed to do my job.

I built my home computer and this is the first time I have come across something that has given me this much trouble.

Oh well, it has been 6 hours now and I have to get some sleep for work tomorrow.

For the laptop its probably due to the rights. That can make or break a lot of stuff.

And I never had any problems with software for Vista. Hell I even had C&C 95 edition and Duke Nukem 3D running on it with no problems or DOS emulators. But sometimes the software devs just do a half-assed job and this seems to be one of them really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    Mine worked. Here's what I did, may or may not have been the reason it worked so take it for what it's worth.

Make sure you unmount your SD card rather than just pop it out.

Plug the phone into the USB and connect it to the computer THEN turn on USB debugging.

Perhaps it was a coincidence, or maybe these things helped. They are the only thing I did different and breezed thru the update and now I'm rocking me some delish froyo.

it is one of the first things I posted in the instructions - unmount the sd card (it was in the steps but now I included it before the *remove*) - as for usb debugging - I have never ever turned it off and I do loads of swapping info from pc to my phone....

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    it is one of the first things I posted in the instructions - unmount the sd card (it was in the steps but now I included it before the *remove*) - as for usb debugging - I have never ever turned it off and I do loads of swapping info from pc to my phone....

It could have been coincidence. Maybe I got in when their servers weren't being rammed.

On another note, I did a factory reset and formatted my sd card (after copying contents to my computer). I like froyo, but I still seem to get low ram (22-23 MB) and get sluggish here and there. And much to my disappointment, the majority of my apps can't be moved to SD.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally_Doug View Post
    I'm having big problems with LG's software and the latest just happenes to be downloading. The progress bar gets to a whopping 0% and after several minutes tells me to check my internet connection and hit restart. LOL. My internet connection is fine. WTF??? You wait this long for 2.2, you would think they would have their software working by now. I am also running Windows 7. Anyone get LG's wonderful software to run on Windows 7?

Dealing with this issue as well. Win 7 as well.

Wonder where the data's goin. I don't have room for 120MB.

Stupid small internal memory.

I installed the LG Update tool. Installed the drivers. The LG tool tells me I have the latest version and don't need an update. Whats gives?

I updated to froyo and now all of my phone number contacts are gone! I have my email addresses listed as contacts(from gmail) but I am missing every phone number on my phone. Any thoughts, or I am I screwed? I have Back up assistant, under application status it says: Backed up 0, Pending 0.

Most Recent Update 2011-01-08 10:23 AM Failed

Next Update(12 PM-6PM)

When I click sync now 5:Backup Assistant has lost network connection. Please Retry your operation.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    I updated to froyo and now all of my phone number contacts are gone! I have my email addresses listed as contacts(from gmail) but I am missing every phone number on my phone. Any thoughts, or I am I screwed? I have Back up assistant, under application status it says: Backed up 0, Pending 0.

Most Recent Update 2011-01-08 10:23 AM Failed

Next Update(12 PM-6PM)

When I click sync now 5:Backup Assistant has lost network connection. Please Retry your operation.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

Joe

I had this same problem. What I ended up doing was going to verizonwireless.com/backupassistant and "undeleting" all my contacts. I think that when it resets it deletes the all the contacts, then syncs and tells backup assistant that all the contacts were removed. But luckily its a simple fix.

Quote Originally Posted by Cjconry View Post
    I had this same problem. What I ended up doing was going to verizonwireless.com/backupassistant and "undeleting" all my contacts. I think that when it resets it deletes the all the contacts, then syncs and tells backup assistant that all the contacts were removed. But luckily its a simple fix.
    Thanks, I did atleast find all of my contact info. I tried syncing, and I timed out. Where is or how do I "undelete" all my contacts? Thanks for the help!

Someone here...or on another forum maybe... several months ago mentioned ditching the Backup Assistant and letting Google handle contacts. I did that and when I updated to Froyo, all my contacts synced with the exception of the Facebook ones which synced once I told it to do so.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links