Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

This is a discussion on Froyo Released via LG Update Tool within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; First of all your contacts are not gone if you have them saved in your gmail. Regardless of doing a normal sync they aren't going ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

First of all your contacts are not gone if you have them saved in your gmail. Regardless of doing a normal sync they aren't going to show...here is what you do. First open your contacts...hit the menu key as it says...then select import/export...import all contact vcards....bam! They magically appear. Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by Difalco View Post
    First of all your contacts are not gone if you have them saved in your gmail. Regardless of doing a normal sync they aren't going to show...here is what you do. First open your contacts...hit the menu key as it says...then select import/export...import all contact vcards....bam! They magically appear. Hope this helps

Actually they should have auto saved into the gmail account. Mine did when I factory reset my phone about a month ago. Plus its nice that you can go to Gmail on the PC and edit your contacts and it will transfer to the phone.

Wow. After reading all these horror stories, I almost feel bad. Mine worked on the first try, 20 minutes.

Mine worked first time also, took 10 minutes to update. So far, not impressed. My apps2sd size is only 15MB for some reason and dont notice any speed increase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    Mine worked first time also, took 10 minutes to update. So far, not impressed. My apps2sd size is only 15MB for some reason and dont notice any speed increase.

I went from hovering around 15MB to having 40MB after moving a good number of apps to my SD card.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeD View Post
    Thanks, I did atleast find all of my contact info. I tried syncing, and I timed out. Where is or how do I "undelete" all my contacts? Thanks for the help!
    Sorry for the delayed reply. Assuming you're logged in, on the site(verizonwireless.com/backupassistant) it has a "trash" tab. Click that. The rest is easy. And I would backup contacts onto a gmail account also. Better safe than sorry.

I have not received or forced the update but came to post that IMO Backup Assistant is total --- smelly bad stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    I installed the LG Update tool. Installed the drivers. The LG tool tells me I have the latest version and don't need an update. Whats gives?

This was my problem on my Windows 7 box. I did the install on XP and it went through without a hitch.

This may be a dumb question but if you install froyo from the LG site will you still get prompted for the OTA update from verizon? Just curious in case the Verizon update is different at all especially since the Verizon update seems to be almost half the size of the LG one.

Quote Originally Posted by Difalco View Post

Yep. All I had to do was sync my gmail and verizon accounts (through back up assistant), and all my contacts reappeared.

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links