Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

This is a discussion on Froyo Released via LG Update Tool within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Just wanted to add a non-horror story. Took a couple times to get it to download. But I'm very happy with everything. Runs much better. ...

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

Just wanted to add a non-horror story. Took a couple times to get it to download. But I'm very happy with everything. Runs much better. I like the few visual differences. Not a LOT of apps moved to SD, but some of the big ones did and those were the important ones. Went from no room left on the phone to 25mb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    Just wanted to add a non-horror story. Took a couple times to get it to download. But I'm very happy with everything. Runs much better. I like the few visual differences. Not a LOT of apps moved to SD, but some of the big ones did and those were the important ones. Went from no room left on the phone to 25mb.

yea I went from around 25mb to around 40mb internal storage moving apps2SD

I did find it disappointing that many apps still don't support saving to SD, the devs have had 2.2 for almost 9 months and still don't have that function added for their particular apps

I spent several hours yesterday trying to get the update to work on my vista business computer. Went home and tried it on my 5 year old XP computer and worked first try. The only settings I have had to change are sound settings. It is nice to have room to put on apps. Beside pandora it is mostly games that have the apps2sd. Angry birds is is 16mb, now it is 2mb. The internet browser seems to be a little faster and remembers entries. The phone calling looks different, can't tell if it works better. I hope the lag is gone. the whole phone seems a little faster.

not sure if others know this but on the market there are updates for youtube and gmail that are available for 2.2 devices

Decided to give it one more try. Got to the part for downloading and it hung up again. Picked up the phone and accidently turned off debugging and it started downloading. I left it alone while it downloaded and when it got to 95% it told me to reconnect the phone. I turned debugging back on and now I have a screen telling me that it is updating.

I am a bit confused since all the directions said to keep debugging on. It is about 85% done so I hope this works.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Decided to give it one more try. Got to the part for downloading and it hung up again. Picked up the phone and accidently turned off debugging and it started downloading. I left it alone while it downloaded and when it got to 95% it told me to reconnect the phone. I turned debugging back on and now I have a screen telling me that it is updating.

I am a bit confused since all the directions said to keep debugging on. It is about 85% done so I hope this works.

Fingers crossed!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    Fingers crossed!!!!!!

It worked!

{Does the happy dance}

Spent the last 2 hours doing a Factory Reset, adjusting settings, and reinstalling my apps. So far, I was able to move all but 2 of them to the SD Card. World War and Astro File Manager wouldn't go.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    not sure if others know this but on the market there are updates for youtube and gmail that are available for 2.2 devices

Did you get them? What do you think about them?

Quote Originally Posted by XPeteX47 View Post
    Edit 2:

New version of thinkfree office, looks like it doesn't support google docs anymore.

The system app folder may have been wiped and reinstalled. Apps I Installed in the system folder like swype are gone now.

ran a test with quadrant and it went up from about 370-380 before the update to 431

Just ran a test and got a 443.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    Did you get them? What do you think about them?

yea I updated both of the programs and they are both nice there are many changes:

YouTube

Gmail

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links