Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

This is a discussion on Froyo Released via LG Update Tool within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Android 2.2 is finally available for the Ally! If you download the LG Mobile Update tool, you can install froyo through usb. You can download ...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Froyo Released via LG Update Tool

Android 2.2 is finally available for the Ally!

If you download the LG Mobile Update tool, you can install froyo through usb.

You can download the software through this link http://csmg.lgmobile...obileUpdate.exe

install the program, install usb drivers for your phone if needed, and then the software should detect that an update is available.

update size is about 120mb and took about 15-20 minutes to install

Edit:

I unrooted my phone before the update, just to be safe.

Also looked through my apps.

i previously uninstalled a lot of the crapware verizon put on the phone. This update installed / reinstalled... 3G mobile hotspot, Amazon Mp3, City ID, LG Social, Myspace, My Verizon Mobile, News &Weather, Skype, and Visual VM

Edit 2:

New version of thinkfree office, looks like it doesn't support google docs anymore.

The system app folder may have been wiped and reinstalled. Apps I Installed in the system folder like swype are gone now.

ran a test with quadrant and it went up from about 370-380 before the update to 431

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I think they disabled JIT.

will this be available OTA ?

Just got it and tho some re-configuration is needed for the phone, I am loving it as I can finally move my apps to the SD card

Also I will need to get used to the new layout on youtube and the browser and such... but I am thrilled - this is essentially saving the LG Ally

http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp

follow the Guide.

I want this OTA. I don't want to screw up the process. Was it real easy to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    I want this OTA. I don't want to screw up the process. Was it real easy to do?

extremely easy - I did it this way instead of waiting for VZ's over the air because 1- I am impatient, and 2- I feared VZ tampering with the update and adding their own non-essential, resource and memory hog crappy bloatware.

follow the detailed guide and downloading instructions on the site

in brief for LGVS740:

remove your phone from the hub (do not do this update from the hub)

unmount & remove the sd card from your phone (settings>sd phone card & storage>unmount sd card (then remove when the notification says it is safe to do so)

be sure your battery is more than half full

be sure USB debugging is enabled (settings>applications>development>check usb debugging)

disable and shut down Anti-virus and Firewall software on your computer. (I didn't have to do this, but some have experienced issues so to eliminate one possibility, I added this)

download & install the LG Mobile Support Tool to PC http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp

then click the detailed guide tab http://www.lg.com/us/support/mc-support/mobile-phone-support.jsp

and then click Guide Start

watch the detailed guide in its entirety so you know what to expect (can be viewed as you go along the steps with the software)

LGMobile Support Tool window will then require you to install the USB driver - click the button *Install USB Driver*

Double-click on LGVS740 and the driver will install

Your phone should now be connected via USB cable to your computer.

you cannot make nor receive calls/txts and once the phone is recognized by the software, do not unplug it from your pc until it is completed.

once done, your phone will restart and you can remove it from the usb

Restart your computer's AV and Firewall software.

shut down the phone and reinsert your sd card and turn on the phone and get to reconfiguring your settings and moving apps to your sd card

when you turn it back on go to settings>about phone

Android version: 2.2.1

Baseband version should read: VS740MVD.6040.1001

the last line

SW Version should read: VS740ZVD

(Does not include Flash 10.1 - and never will)

Well, I'm in the process of getting drivers. I'm going for it. Wish me luck! If I come on here ranting and cussing a blue streak because I broke my phone, Qasar, please just delete my posts. haha

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    Well, I'm in the process of getting drivers. I'm going for it. Wish me luck! If I come on here ranting and cussing a blue streak because I broke my phone, Qasar, please just delete my posts. haha

I've been trying for 3 hours now with no luck. I'm starting a new thread to keep from hijacking though. Here comes my ranting and cussing LOLOLOLOL

I'm on hold for the moment because I don't have enough battery to do the upgrade. More later when I'm charged.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally_Doug View Post
    I've been trying for 3 hours now with no luck. I'm starting a new thread to keep from hijacking though. Here comes my ranting and cussing LOLOLOLOL

what have you been trying for 3hours? Are you not able to download LG's Updater or are you stuck somewhere in the process?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links