FROYO / USB / DEBUG trouble ?? LONG - HELP!!

This is a discussion on FROYO / USB / DEBUG trouble ?? LONG - HELP!! within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Ally_Doug Just an update here....... I did wipe out TOTALLY any signs of software from LG on my PC. Reinstalled everything and ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FROYO / USB / DEBUG trouble ?? LONG - HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ally_Doug View Post
    Just an update here....... I did wipe out TOTALLY any signs of software from LG on my PC. Reinstalled everything and no more errors !! Whoo HOO !!!!!!!!!!!! analyzed and downloading 0% ...... 0% ........0 %........ 0%........

Whoops, next message,, unable to get required data, check internet connection and hit restart. Okay try again,,,,,....... 0%.............0%..........0%..........0.......... .....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to be kidding me. My internet connection is GREAT!!!!!!!! I finally cancelled it after 15 minutes and 0% and 3 attempts to download. I'm going to try one more time then say to hell with it and maybe wait for the OTA.

I went back to the original FROYO HAS ARRIVED thread and I see someone else can't get any download progress????? WTF ?????

it might be they are a bit overclogged on the network w all the Ally owners trying to download and install Froyo....? I suggest waiting til the early morning or if you are a night person, try again at 3am.

Just an update here....... I did wipe out TOTALLY any signs of software from LG on my PC. Reinstalled everything and no more errors !! Whoo HOO !!!!!!!!!!!! analyzed and downloading 0% ...... 0% ........0 %........ 0%........

Whoops, next message,, unable to get required data, check internet connection and hit restart. Okay try again,,,,,....... 0%.............0%..........0%..........0.......... .....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to be kidding me. My internet connection is GREAT!!!!!!!! I finally cancelled it after 15 minutes and 0% and 3 attempts to download. I'm going to try one more time then say to hell with it and maybe wait for the OTA.

I went back to the original FROYO HAS ARRIVED thread and I see someone else can't get any download progress????? WTF ?????

Get this out of the way, the Hotspot shouldn't charge anything more depending on your plan. If you have unlimited Data then all it does is turns your 3G connection into a WiFi connection point. Basically its tethering. If you have a limited plan, I don't suggest using it.

Now as for your problem, are you running Vista/7? If so I had to use my old XP machine to get the thing to download. I didn't try this but you can right click on the program and go to "Properties" then to "Compatability and set it to run in compatability mode for Windows XP SP3 and see if that works if you don't have a machine running XP.

If that doesn't work then I am lost. I ahd the same problem on my Windows 7 gaming rig so I switched to my old XP machine to do it and it works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysmitty View Post
    Get this out of the way, the Hotspot shouldn't charge anything more depending on your plan. If you have unlimited Data then all it does is turns your 3G connection into a WiFi connection point. Basically its tethering. If you have a limited plan, I don't suggest using it.

Now as for your problem, are you running Vista/7? If so I had to use my old XP machine to get the thing to download. I didn't try this but you can right click on the program and go to "Properties" then to "Compatability and set it to run in compatability mode for Windows XP SP3 and see if that works if you don't have a machine running XP.

If that doesn't work then I am lost. I ahd the same problem on my Windows 7 gaming rig so I switched to my old XP machine to do it and it works fine.

BINGO !!!!! DING!!!!! DING!!!!! DING!!!! DING!!!!! Downloading now with the above fix.....must be a Windows 7 compatability issue, well hopefully this will help someone else. Thanks all who helped w/ this thread !!!!!!!!!

BINGO !!!!! DING!!!!! DING!!!!! DING!!!! DING!!!!! Downloading now with the above fix.....must be a Windows 7 compatability issue, well hopefully this will help someone else. Thanks all who helped w/ this thread !!!!!!!!!

excellent I went ahead and checked this on my husband's netbook which has Win 7 Home Premium and it downloaded without a hitch. So go figure...

im using windows vista right now and i cant get the lg update software to recognize my phone...i installed a handful of different drivers, played around with debugging and this Piece of Crap still says my phone isnt connected. i keep getting messages from windows asking to look for drivers despite "successfully" installing 3-4 already.

is it possible that i didnt un-root correctly? i thought i did when i flashed a stock zvb rom but right now thats the only reason i can think of for this laptop not recognizing my phone. i have never once, rooted or not, had my macbook fail to recognize my phone.

i flashed a different stock rom and immediately got a notification about an ota update...im now staring at the android guy with a ! in a triangle. fml wheres my env?

ugh. rebooted and now theres no update available.

just flashed a backup from before i rooted my phone. if i cant get 2.2 now i may set this thing on fire.

currently running zvd. thanks to all for your help.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links