Your First Opinions on FroYo

This is a discussion on Your First Opinions on FroYo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Ok. Worked out my navigation problem by launching Car Home, getting directions, then pressing the navigation icon in the car home screen. It went into ...

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Opinions on FroYo

Ok. Worked out my navigation problem by launching Car Home, getting directions, then pressing the navigation icon in the car home screen. It went into navigation with no hang ups. Exited out of Car Home and launched google Navigation and it went right into it without the glitch I was having.

@Nicolett80...check out does froyo fix 50% bug? In general discussion, explained it there

@dolfan0925...

As soon as I figure out how to post pics/ video I will gladly show that 40+ hours is possible...

Within the first 24 hours it froze 3 times. The only way to unfreeze it was to remove the battery. This never happened prior to the update. Some apps were acting strange (Google navigation). I'm now getting an error stating that my memory is full. I have hardly any text threads, pics or apps and I keep getting the error. Not sure what is causing that. The guy at Verizon says I need to do a factory restart which means losing all of my apps and starting from scratch. Do I really need to do that?

Another question: is the Ally now capable of being a wifi hotspot?

The only problem I ever had with my Ally is that it would drop calls when I talked to my mom.

Now I completely hate it.

Its slow, it freezes, my homepage reset after I rebooted (because of the freezing), my personalized ringtones turned off, my notification ringtone for email turned to a "click" sound and it doesn't glow purple anymore for email. Idk about texts because apparently I don't get them anymore! Which I know is BS because my friend texts me every single morning without fail!

My apps pretty much force close everytime I use them (except FB).

I have the same scrolling problem on the internet; or should I say non-scrolling problem?

More useless, space wasting, undeletable apps.

Honestly the only thing I like is the new black/green/red phone/call look and the screen flipping around. Like I said I haven't had a chance to text so idk what that looks like.

I also don't like being told when to unplug my phone.

Oh and my phone dies ALLLLLLOT faster than it did 2 days ago even!

I want my old phone back *cries*

EDIT: it still drops calls too

Updated to 2.2 Thursday - no real issues other that the market would not open, so I did a hard reset and it works fine. I like it.

An update on my lag issues with Froyo...Did an SD card wipe and master system reset. I somehow had 11,000 files on my SD card!

Works a little better, free internal memory doubled from 30MB to 60MB. Still seeing slight (3-5 secs) coming out of applications to home launcher screen. Switched from ADW to Go launcher and saw little improvement (ADW was slightly longer coming out of apps at 6-8 secs). Could also be beautiful widgets clock and weather. Not sure about that yet.

Froyo is working fine for me. The phone seems a little snappier. Battery life seems about the same. In my case, the battery life has always seemed decent. I was able to move quite a few apps to the SD card.

The 50% bug went away when I first installed Froyo, but it seems to have come back after a reboot. The 50% bug does not seem to cause any real problems other than the reporting problem. You know something is screwy when the settings show that it has been 4 hours since the last charge and the phone has been on standby for 8 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Cor_en_fa View Post
    Ok. Worked out my navigation problem by launching Car Home, getting directions, then pressing the navigation icon in the car home screen. It went into navigation with no hang ups. Exited out of Car Home and launched google Navigation and it went right into it without the glitch I was having.

Thanks, I will have to remember that when I try it again. I have yet to get it to work but don't want to try it right now because I am in the middle of testing something.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    An update on my lag issues with Froyo...Did an SD card wipe and master system reset. I somehow had 11,000 files on my SD card!

Works a little better, free internal memory doubled from 30MB to 60MB. Still seeing slight (3-5 secs) coming out of applications to home launcher screen. Switched from ADW to Go launcher and saw little improvement (ADW was slightly longer coming out of apps at 6-8 secs). Could also be beautiful widgets clock and weather. Not sure about that yet.

I re-formated my SD Card after my 4th Factory Reset and so far things are going a lot smoother. I have about a 2 sec lag but that is a huge improvement over the 12-15 sec lag I was getting. Of course, I have not yet added any new apps from the market yet.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    Pretty sure it was. I never have a use for extended warrantees. I'm typically quite gentle with my electronics.

I do not get the extended warrenties either. I don't pay anything extra, but I still always get 1 year with a new phone.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links