Your First Opinions on FroYo

This is a discussion on Your First Opinions on FroYo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by PlantTeacher I had the same problem. I did the following: Settings -> Sound -> Vibrate -> Never. Now no vibrate, just silent ...

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 164

Thread: Your First Opinions on FroYo

  1. #111
    Android Junkie allyAndroid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,413
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantTeacher View Post
    I had the same problem. I did the following: Settings -> Sound -> Vibrate -> Never. Now no vibrate, just silent only. Yay!


    I don't understand their reasoning behind this. I liked the option to be able to turn my volume off and place it on vibrate or hit the vol down button one more time and have it silent. At work, I want it silent but if I am at dinner or the movies, I want vibrate. Now I have to go into settings to adjust it.
    Motorola Droid 4

  2. #112
    Android Lurker moparfan4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    I don't understand their reasoning behind this. I liked the option to be able to turn my volume off and place it on vibrate or hit the vol down button one more time and have it silent. At work, I want it silent but if I am at dinner or the movies, I want vibrate. Now I have to go into settings to adjust it.




    I completly agree with that, I dont understand thier reasoning for alot of things that are different, this one inparticular, hower I also got the silent mode toggle widget and it solves the problem.

  3. #113
    Android Lurker cdavidhess's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    12
    The Switch Pro widget also is good for this, as wells as togging WiFi, data, GPS, etc.

  4. #114
    Android Sr Member glockman39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    Glock, did you do a factory reset after the update? I had the same problem when I used Zeam launcher. Do you use the factory launcher?


    I did a factory reset. and I use Launcher Pro.

  5. #115
    Android Addict Qasar324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    626
    I have all my Apps and settings redone to where they were before... finally. So far, so good. Launching Apps is quicker. Apps2SD is good but that only afforded me a few more Apps really- even though about 75% of my Apps went to the SD Card. I am back to only 28MB free. I am sad that the SoundBoard I used before is no longer available in the Market so my custom ringtones have changed. But otherwise, everything is great.



    If you are having lag issues it could still be your launcher. I use LauncherPro (free) and I love all the features like the 3d App drawer and the "Cube" Home Screens- when I scroll screens it flips as if it were a block instead of scrolls. I didn't bother with this feature before because of display lag. It works and looks great, now!



    Voice Dialer "listens" immediately now. My Browser seems 5x's faster, at least. Facebook (App) is faster. I love that YouTube can be played small in landscape now and switch views is really quick. Also, the YouTube tab that lets you forward or rewind instantly with a finger slide is cool. My videos are starting immediately too! Angry Birds is much better. I think most things have been improved.

  6. #116
    Android Sr Member Vol4One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    175
    Thanked
    1 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    If you are having lag issues it could still be your launcher. I use LauncherPro (free) and I love all the features like the 3d App drawer and the "Cube" Home Screens- when I scroll screens it flips as if it were a block instead of scrolls. I didn't bother with this feature before because of display lag. It works and looks great, now!


    Wow! Didn't realize LauncherPro had added the home screen transitions. Me likey!

  7. #117
    Android Sr Member glockman39's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    I have all my Apps and settings redone to where they were before... finally. So far, so good. Launching Apps is quicker. Apps2SD is good but that only afforded me a few more Apps really- even though about 75% of my Apps went to the SD Card. I am back to only 28MB free. I am sad that the SoundBoard I used before is no longer available in the Market so my custom ringtones have changed. But otherwise, everything is great.



    If you are having lag issues it could still be your launcher. I use LauncherPro (free) and I love all the features like the 3d App drawer and the "Cube" Home Screens- when I scroll screens it flips as if it were a block instead of scrolls. I didn't bother with this feature before because of display lag. It works and looks great, now!



    Voice Dialer "listens" immediately now. My Browser seems 5x's faster, at least. Facebook (App) is faster. I love that YouTube can be played small in landscape now and switch views is really quick. Also, the YouTube tab that lets you forward or rewind instantly with a finger slide is cool. My videos are starting immediately too! Angry Birds is much better. I think most things have been improved.


    I'm using Launcher Pro, and that is where I'm experiencing my serious lag times. Even after I performed a factory reset and reloaded all my previous apps, it's still performing very slowly. I did gain a good amount of memory, but the lag time is very offputting.

  8. #118
    Android Lurker droid754's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1
    Just got my 2.2 this morning.



    Actually, I just got my Ally about a month ago. I have been sitting here on this forum reading all I could read. Found lots of interesting stuff.



    I have a friend at VZW Tech Support and we talked a lot about this phone. I like it. I'll be posting my 'Observations' about this phone later. But today is Froyo day.



    I have found just one 'issue' about this update so far. An important one, for me.



    I have a couple of gigs of Music Videos loaded on my SD card. I like my vids. Plus, a premium set of ear buds goes a long ways towards sound quality. Of course I guess that's the case with all music type gadgets.



    Not all of them, but enough to get me irritated, is that some of them, four that I found so far, run 'jerkily' (is that a word?)



    I looked at ten so far and out of those six work as they should. Those four videos run like they used to run when you were watching a video of something on an old 286 machine with four megs of RAM. And, the voice doesn't match up with the lips, kinda like watching those old Japanese Godzilla movies, which were still great to watch. Uh, the Godzilla movies, not the vids on my Ally...



    I've had calls, incoming, outgoing, texts both ways and even downloaded three new Apps since I can now save most of them to the SD Card and have had no problems.



    A couple of things (good!) I did notice. When sending a text to a non-VZW customer we were restricted to 160 characters per text. When it hit the 160 character limit the Ally would let you know when you went over that.



    Now, when you start a text there is a little box that starts out at '160' and counts down. A major leap for me. Some people say I just like to hear myself talk. humph, what do they know... But that's a good one for me.



    I make a lot of my own Ringtones. They all work. But the problem was that they really weren't loud enough, even with the volume up all the way.



    My first text this morning after the update scared the bejeezies out of me. The same with my first call. OK, so they fixed that problem I had.



    I use a video editor to make my Ringtones because I can increase the volume that way and then use Tunebite to convert the 'video' to just an MP3. Now I can cut out a step, or so I think.



    I haven't tried to make a new Ringtone just yet.



    From the little bit of playing around I have had so far, I am pleased. I just got to figure out what is going on with those music videos.



    Anyone out there that has any ideas, toss them my way.





    Dale



    Edit: I had this 'double spaced' but when I posted it, something took out all of the paragraphing. Just made it one big block.



    I used three 'Enters' this time to see if that works. If not, sorry. And someone, please tell me what I am doing wrong with the paragraphing.





    D.

  9. #119
    Android Addict Qasar324's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    626
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman39 View Post
    I'm using Launcher Pro, and that is where I'm experiencing my serious lag times. Even after I performed a factory reset and reloaded all my previous apps, it's still performing very slowly. I did gain a good amount of memory, but the lag time is very offputting.


    So you do not experience lag times using the stock themes? Perhaps there are features or settings of LauncherPro that are in conflict with another App. I am having no problems. Sadly, this could be one little mis-click causing you grief. What features are you using?



    I made sure after I got the update and did a Factory Reset, I installed LauncherPro first. When I re-installed everything else from my back-up applications on the SD Card, I then formatted the SD Card. So, I guess I am asking do you get the same results if you Factory Reset and only add LauncherPro? If not, maybe you'll find the App that is hemorrhaging your RAM. Or maybe you'll know for sure it is LauncherPro causing you a problem. Did you try to contact the Dev?

  10. #120
    Android Jr Member jazz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    86
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman39 View Post
    I'm using Launcher Pro, and that is where I'm experiencing my serious lag times. Even after I performed a factory reset and reloaded all my previous apps, it's still performing very slowly. I did gain a good amount of memory, but the lag time is very offputting.




    I use launcher pro plus and get zero lag even when using the fancy new home screen transitions



    I did a factory reset and formated my SD card then copied over the launcher pro backup folder from my pc and then downloaded and restored the backup of LP+ and then loaded back all my apps



    I would suggest formating your SD card and see if that makes any difference because after I did a FR and formated my SD card the phone now runs better than it ever has

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. Opinions on Gingerbread 2.3.5
    By DestinyAngel in forum Samsung Galaxy S2
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-09-2012, 12:12 PM
  2. What is Froyo?
    By artmanphoto in forum Android Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-01-2011, 03:36 AM
  3. Where can i get the froyo rom
    By abezzilla99 in forum LG Ally Hacking / Development
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 08:59 AM
  4. what is froyo?
    By tink087 in forum LG Ally
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-13-2010, 07:17 PM

Search tags for this page

android froyo text to speech output installer

,
caveats and warnings android
,
does ota froyo for ally allow move apps to sd?
,
faceniff
,
flash 10.1 apk lg ally
,
how to make sms caveats and warnings page in android
,
iphone mesg is in blue and other times green??
,
lg ally with froyo won't play flash
,
papaya cache android what is it
,
what does (beta on/off)mean on my lg ally?
,
what does beta on off mean on my droid
Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.
Android Forum