Your First Opinions on FroYo

This is a discussion on Your First Opinions on FroYo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; My phone updated for me on Friday to 2.2.1. It now changes screen setups and wall paper on its own. Dismounts my sd card for ...

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Opinions on FroYo

My phone updated for me on Friday to 2.2.1. It now changes screen setups and wall paper on its own. Dismounts my sd card for no reason and brought back a bunch of aps I had dumped. The phone also taks a lonnnng time to bring up contacts or pictures or text messages. Anyone else having that problem?

You should factory reset after the 2.2 update and start fresh.

At first I was very unhappy with the performance. There were some pluses but the phone was VERY laggy. After reading about doing a factory reset and the improvements with that issue- I did so. It is running a lot smoother and faster! One thing I did notice that seems off is the screen orientation. It is not responding as well as it used to when I turn the phone. Also, when the screen goes dark during a call, I used to shake it to 'wake' it up but it doesn't seem to do that anymore. Anyone else having similar issues?

Quote Originally Posted by Deanne View Post
    At first I was very unhappy with the performance. There were some pluses but the phone was VERY laggy. After reading about doing a factory reset and the improvements with that issue- I did so. It is running a lot smoother and faster! One thing I did notice that seems off is the screen orientation. It is not responding as well as it used to when I turn the phone. Also, when the screen goes dark during a call, I used to shake it to 'wake' it up but it doesn't seem to do that anymore. Anyone else having similar issues?

ive noticed that to. i also noticed that if u slide open the phone it unlock where as before i had to unlock it from the screen. dont like that idea at all.

LOL. I came to add my orientation has been annoying ever since I checked out the 270 degree screen.

I am getting a re-awakening lag if I have something running and the phone times out. The unlock bar sticks for a second. I will mess with my LauncherPro settings for this, though, and post later.

Hhmmm! Sliding open the phone to turn it on and unlock it is a big one. I can confirm mine does it. I like it for myself if I know I am going to type a message, but I can understand how bad that is for others. Does anyone with a security code have this happen without entering a code?!

Brightness is different. Minimum is now too low for me. In the power widget Brightness has 4 levels. The last one with the encircled "A" is what you set as Auto in Settings. I like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    So you do not experience lag times using the stock themes? Perhaps there are features or settings of LauncherPro that are in conflict with another App. I am having no problems. Sadly, this could be one little mis-click causing you grief. What features are you using?

I made sure after I got the update and did a Factory Reset, I installed LauncherPro first. When I re-installed everything else from my back-up applications on the SD Card, I then formatted the SD Card. So, I guess I am asking do you get the same results if you Factory Reset and only add LauncherPro? If not, maybe you'll find the App that is hemorrhaging your RAM. Or maybe you'll know for sure it is LauncherPro causing you a problem. Did you try to contact the Dev?

I think I have it narrowed down. I tried switching to the LG theme, and the phone functioned quickly. When I switched back to Launcher Pro, it was lagging again. The only difference was that on the LG theme, I wasn't using a live wallpaper, on the Pro, I was. WHen I switched to a static wallpaper on Pro, the lag time disappeared. Tried this several times with the same results. I'm still a little angered because I enjoy live wallpapers, but performance suffers too much for me to use them.

Yeah, I liked Live Wallpaper too but I am happier with a zippy phone. A great payoff is the 'Cube' Transitions. The other transitions, like Flip and Rotate, are cool, too. I have been watching my screen cube back and forth a bit too much recently. Like, not aiming for anything, just scrolling back and forth. That is how cool it looks.

I am glad you found that the update didn't bust your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Qasar View Post
    Yeah, I liked Live Wallpaper too but I am happier with a zippy phone. A great payoff is the 'Cube' Transitions. The other transitions, like Flip and Rotate, are cool, too. I have been watching my screen cube back and forth a bit too much recently. Like, not aiming for anything, just scrolling back and forth. That is how cool it looks.

"I am glad you found that the update didn't bust your phone."

The update didn't, but I almost did.

Wow! Have you gone through contacts and hit Facebook? It zips to the Facebook App immediately.

I like it for the smoothness of the apps, but I just don't like that pesky messages notification on the lock screen! I should have an option to turn that off, since I use Chomp SMS (or Handcent), but the little messages on the lock screen is ANNOYING!

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links