Your First Opinions on FroYo

This is a discussion on Your First Opinions on FroYo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; My wife and I both have both updated to froyo with our allys. I have had no issue but my wife's phone will lose use ...

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Opinions on FroYo

My wife and I both have both updated to froyo with our allys. I have had no issue but my wife's phone will lose use of the touch screen until the phone is shut off. Anyone have this issue or any idea how to fix. I have already done a factory reset. She is using the Android home theme with the moving grass wall paper.

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    I did not like the additional rotation feature, at 1st. i could not get it to go back by moving 90 dgs(lft 2 rt or rt 2 lft)...then when i accidently tilted the phone up/down...bam, does it everytime now. now i dont mind it so much as the "new tilt" works for me.

Sherman, I would bet the Live Wallpaper is causing lag like it did for Glockman. IMO it is a feature that always worked better in the Devs' heads, and always caused me lag.

Last night I was playing Gensoid (Sega Genesis emulator) with ROMs that ran SO smoothly and looked so sharp. I was flipping between Shining Force and Might & Magic and was very pleased with how fast each game came up (I was playing one to a save point then the other, repeat, for a few hours). I was able to answer calls and return to the game instantly. The sound never distorted like it did before Froyo. Sound was unbearable before Froyo. I am very pleased with this aspect of our update.

I'm getting really sick of this froyo crap. Ok I was pissed in the first place, but I got used to it....then it starts being more retarded!

Like no matter what I'm doing (app, message, phone, whatever) it goes to the clock/weather screen and when I push back it messes up whatever I was doing (ie: refreshing websites or going to previous website, restarting games, etc)

I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT THE WEATHER I LIVE IN ARIZONA ITS ALWAYS THE SAME.

*sniffles* I miss my phone...when I liked it

Even if I wanted to do a factory reset I'm not losing all of my stuff. (I don't have a computer to back up to) and I'm afraid if I take my card out and reset then it will delete my card when I put it back like old verizon phones did.

My phone is my computer I can't lose my stuff.

These "updates" should be able to be toggled/chosen

I was perfectly happy with the old one.

A Factory Reset does not effect your SD Card. I have done about 5 Factory Resets and have only Formatted my card twice: once after I learned about how Android uses it, and once after this Froyo update. After I got the update I did a Factory Reset and everything was still on my card. I installed my back-up Apps that were on my SD card, then I formatted the SD Card. For the one poster who has posted otherwise, IMHO it was user error. A FR will NOT effect your SD Card.

For your piece of mind, you have several options on where to place your documents and pictures associated with your phone. Picasa Web Albums will store your pictures and Google Docs will store your documents. Try ThinkFree Office. You can also try third party sites like DropBox. After your files are online, then format your card and recover them.

Ok I will try it, thanks Qasar

On the whole, Froyo is everything I hoped it would be! Bluetooth dialing was the big thing I was looking for. I've added Vlingo now and started playing with that. I have seen a few FCs and twice now the screen/unit has locked up on me to the point where I had to pull the battery to reset it. I never had to do that prior to the update. It hasn't happened enough for me to pick up on a pattern yet. Hoping a fix will come down for it at some point.

Yea I'm pretty pissed about not having flash and hotspot being 20 bucks a month for 2gb of internet...and if you go over that limit it is 20 bucks per mb...wtf.if you don't have a secure password or if someone hacks into your hotspot...you are ****ed with a phone bill of $123345678.

I am also annoyed with how the screen keeps rotating the wrong ways when I'm holding it.and the volume button is backwards....

Ok so I reset my phone and its still retarded. It was ok for the first hour or so while I was just playing games.

Still hangs up on calls.

Weather screen still randomly pops up and effs up whatever I'm doing (restarts or closes pages/apps)

Randomly missing calls

Pages freeze and close

OH and is anyone else's camera jacked up? It focuses, flashes, and when it actually captures a picture its after the flash turns off. And all pictures have been blurry because it doesn't instantly capture anymore, its slow or something?

Good things I forgot to say before resetting: my email light is purple again (and after reset, has the right sound)

.....yeah I think that's the only good thing.

About calendars, mine still has color coding for days with events.

Quote Originally Posted by Cor_en_fa View Post
    My biggest irritation with the update so far is silly. I have notification ringtones assigned to my text messaging, google chat, and google calendar in each app's respective settings. I also have a default ringtone set in the Ally's general phone settings. It will only use the default ringtone and not the ones that I assigned to the apps. It worked before the update, but now, I just get the one default notification ringtone. If I set it to no default ringtone, then I get no ringtones at all for notifications. Grr.

That is exactly why I logged on to the forum today to see if anyone else was experiencing this problem. Yes, it may seem silly but I had different tones set for a reason and now I don't know if it's an email, g-talk or whatever. I hate that. Guess I'll go to the LG website and register a complaint about that.

Vickie

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links