Your First Opinions on FroYo

This is a discussion on Your First Opinions on FroYo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Another picky item for me is I hate green so on the caller screen when it goes to black/green I just go yuck. If they ...

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Your First Opinions on FroYo

Another picky item for me is I hate green so on the caller screen when it goes to black/green I just go yuck. If they were going to colorize it why not let the user select the color and get something they like.

For whoever posted the fix for Navigation - thanks!!! Worked like a charm.

Overall I am pleased with Froyo.

Vickie

Well I guess me and my fiance are lucky really. Haven't had any major problems yet except when I get a call the answer and decline are facing up and down instead of left and right. I am going for a FR and SD wipe but haven't been able to download a backup app yet, just waiting on that.

Overall for both of us it has been faster and smoother. Have been using LauncherPro since 2.1 and loved it over the stock ones. Always have 65MB+ free memory when I use ADK.

Will probably mess with the FR now and see what that results in.

One question I do have for the people who are having major problems, did you do the OTA update or the LGTool update? I would like to see if there is a difference in it and possibly if Verizons OTA was screwed up somehow.

I recieved my update via OTA about 2 weeks ago. I was sooo excited to get it because i thought it would make my phone faster and fix the 50% bug along with new features and extended battery life. I was pleased to a certain extent. I was able to only move about 4 or 5 out of close to 30 apps to my SD card. I enjoyed the new ayouts for youtube, texting, and calling screen. I also noticed my Angry Birds played smoother and looked better. But recently i had started experiencing issues with my phone. It would still be laggy, cell stand by was still at like 70% and it would take about 5 secs for my icons to appear when i went to my home screen. Yesterday i noticed my phone would not hang up while during a call. I tried taking the battery out but it was no help. So i decided to do a factory reset. Wasnt really a hassle considering everything is on my mem card and i had it backed up. So after the reset the phone performs alot faster now and i feel like it def needed a reset. My cell standy by is at 48% now and the battery seems better. My only gripe is that Angry Birds still seems laggy to me. My girlfriend has a Droid1 and hers runs it almost flawless

Did anyone else notice that under Settings > Accessibility there is now "Power button ends call" that needs to be checked?

I've got it checked but I'm not sure if it is working right. I have tried to hang up a few calls by hitting it and it didn't do anything.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    One thing I have noticed that I don't like is that the ringer volume no longer goes to off. It will go to vibrate but before, you could even turn off vibrate. I can't stand vibrating and think that that is just as annoying as a ring especially in the middle of a meeting.

Edit: My phone just started doing some weird stuff. The screen started flashing between a black screen and the home screen then it rebooted. After the reboot, none of the apps on my SD Card would work. I manually did another reboot and they are working now.

you can change this w/o a widget back to the way it was before in settings>sound

check silent mode then select Vibrate and choose *only when not in silent mode*

Overall, I'm very pleased with the update. My phone might not be any faster, but it operates much more smoothly. No lag problems at all, and switching between homescreens is very smooth. I'm running Launcher Pro Plus with handsent SMS.

I'm happy to be able to move apps to the SD card, but sadly, not many developers seem to be taking advantage of this feature.

Overall memory management seems to have improved. i think that might be why my phone runs "smoother."

Battery life has improved significantly.

Going directly to Navigation does not seem to work; however, the workaround of going to Maps first seems to work well, so I'm not concerned.

The one thing I really don't like is that my aftermarket car charger no longer works. That issue is addressed in another thread.

Other than that, I'm a pretty happy camper!

It's finally time for me to chime in.

I have been reading this thread since I got the OTA 2.2. In general I guess it is about a wash compared to 2.1 (IMHO). I do think that things run smother and I am happy to save Apps to SD (although there aren't very many that I have that you can but I hope more will be comming) . I am extremely disapointed with everything else. My big hope for FROYO was actually being able to use voice dial with my bluetooth....NOPE. I tried looking for some dialog box to pop up with a file/ app I needed to install (didn't happen), tried Vlingo and voice actions from the market (slightly better voice recognition but still can't but still can't push the button on bluetooth and voice dial). I am so frustrated. I am actually entertaining the idea of paying retail for an iphone because I am so ticked off with this issue. I have been a big Droid proponent and have talked a family member and 3 friends into buying various droids. I love LG and have had several in the past with great satisfaction. (Maybe I should go back to my voyager... at least it worked for voice dial on bluetooth). My other BIG change with the update is now my battery lasts about 24 hrs. I know that many people would be cheering but before FROYO I was getting about 36-48 hours on a charge. I have done a factory reset and checked all my settings. EVERYTHING is the same and in fact some things like screen brightness are actually on a lower setting. I have not reformatted my SD card yet as I need to go save my pics to my computer first but I can't see how this is or could effect my battery life.

Soooooooo.........

Here it is. My opinion of FROYO. AA or anybody else have other suggestions for either of my problems. I can answer questions about apps and usage but I promise you that I am a light to moderat user and that all my settings are the same and I actually have fewer Apps.

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    You should factory reset after the 2.2 update and start fresh.

i've noticed a few other people suggesting the same thing.

what exactly does the factory reset do; and is it really needed or is it just a personal preference?
    "STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

Quote Originally Posted by Venez68 View Post
    i've noticed a few other people suggesting the same thing.

what exactly does the factory reset do; and is it really needed or is it just a personal preference?

Everyone knows it is my preference.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links