Your First Opinions on FroYo

This is a discussion on Your First Opinions on FroYo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by sastanley Qasar...that is next on my list..figuring out where to put my stuff so I can format the SD card. I think ...

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: Your First Opinions on FroYo

Quote Originally Posted by sastanley View Post
    Qasar...that is next on my list..figuring out where to put my stuff so I can format the SD card. I think the only real thing to "save" is a handful of pictures (50 or so)..I just need to send them all to myself in gmail or something I guess.

So...if you run out of phone space for your apps when trying to move them 'off' the SD card, do you just delete them and re-install them later?

Picasa Web Albums info. Also, check out a cloud App like DropBox, or tether to a PC for backing-up your SD Card.

A few Apps are right-protected and cannot be backed-up. After a Factory Reset, install what you can and hit the Market for updates before the SD Format. Also, get the AppBrain App and sync to After your Apps are listed and linked there on, do the Factory Reset then make the AppBrain App your first install. Sync again. Try both methods because some Apps you like might not be available in the Market anymore for whatever reason.

So, after all this factory reset business, my phone was locked up this morning. When I hit the 'power' button, the hard & soft buttons lit up, but nothing on the screen. Had to yank the battery again. We'll see if it is a recurring theme. Qasar...thanks for the info!

edit - BTW, I am an idiot..I found the standard "Power Control" widget.

Factory Reset after Froyo update did nothing for me. I still kept running out of space with only a few apps, my phone constantly lagged, I never got notifications of new voicemails & my battery life was never more than 4 hours no matter how much or how little I used my phone. A piece broke on my phone so Verizon sent me a replacement & a brand new battery because mine never worked right. Now, my phone is working great. I have all the same apps and I have lots of free internal phone space. My battery last anywhere from 12 hours to 30 hours. Its almost perfect, if I had Adobe Flash! Lol. Does anyone know if we will ever get it on the LG Ally. Or should I look for a new phone. That has it? This phone does a lot, but it definitely held back from not supporting Flash. It is so frustrating.

+1 to nicolett80

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links