Your First Opinions on FroYo

This is a discussion on Your First Opinions on FroYo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Just some quick first impressions: Installed last night. Using Go Launcher and Go SMS. Caveats and Warnings: All old SMS messages disappeared. If you are ...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Opinions on FroYo

Just some quick first impressions:

Installed last night. Using Go Launcher and Go SMS.

Caveats and Warnings:

• All old SMS messages disappeared.
    • If you are going to use Bluetooth voice dial you will need to install a library (Voice input & Output / Text-to speech settings / Install voice data). The dialog will display a message about this when you try to use your bluetooth's action button

Problem Apps:

• Google Maps: FC. Reinstall, no problems afterward thus far.
    • Last.FM: FC. Reinstall, no problems afterward thus far.
    • GO SMS: Various problems, no problems afterward thus far.

New Apps:

• News & Weather (with a widget)
    • 3G Hotspot

Noticed changes:

• Lock screen displays missed calls, unread msgs (not sure what notifications will display here)
    • Skin on dialer/contact is dark brushed metal
    • background behind contact is gradient green when calling
    • In-call dial-pad now has letters! flat look.
    • App switcher (long press home key) is no longer in a grey dialog. Apps are now displayed in a border-less black overlay.
    • When phone is fully charged lock screen displays a message (Can't remember what is says at the moment...)
    • Gallery, I was able to "spread" my pictures in each album apart. Not sure the practical use for it. (I can't remember where I read about what this is for. I will revisit this post when I remember locate the reason.)

Stuff I like:

• Hands-free dialing.
    • Install to SD
    • Chrome to Phone!

Stuff I'm not too crazy about:

• Yet more stuff I'm not going to be able to delete.
    • SMS notification on lockscreen does not seem to disappear until I go into the stock messaging app.

Overall, I'm liking it. I haven't noticed a great speed improvement. (Go Launcher seems slower, but it might need to cache the SD card apps, dunno).

I will probably wait until this summer to root it so I can get rid over Verizon's stuff.

I added Froyo earlier today and so far I am not impressed. Was hoping alot more apps would be able to move to sd and really didnt need any more useless apps that cant be removed. I also noticed a couple times when I turned wifi on that the 3g icon didnt go away and no texts would send or recieve, restarted and its been fine so far, all my contact ringtones changed and somehow my msging notification was switched to a song from my music library. One more thing is when I first did it My signal strength seemed to improve to 3 bars but since I restarted its back to its normal 1 bar...

Quote Originally Posted by Intrimazz View Post
    have a link?

just googled a flash 10.1 apk downloaded and installed it fine but it would close the browser everytime it started not alowing me to load any webpage after uninstalling flash the browser worked fine again

...went to my MUSIC library and my downloaded mp3's are missing. I tried to download some again and they now say aren't supported on this device ???? I haven't had much time to play around yet but looks like they added copyright protection??? I have a separate mp3 player and use my mp3s on the phone for ringtones basically...well I used to that is. My tv themes and some oddball mp3s still work but not my oldies I used for ringtones. ... but so far 2.2 is nice. I also noticed Angry Birds runs MUCH better now. FROYO ON DUDES !!!!!!!!!!!

Music's working fine for me. wifi hotspot would be nice if it were free. I have heard it is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ally_Doug View Post
    ...went to my MUSIC library and my downloaded mp3's are missing. I tried to download some again and they now say aren't supported on this device ???? I haven't had much time to play around yet but looks like they added copyright protection??? I have a separate mp3 player and use my mp3s on the phone for ringtones basically...well I used to that is. My tv themes and some oddball mp3s still work but not my oldies I used for ringtones. ... but so far 2.2 is nice. I also noticed Angry Birds runs MUCH better now. FROYO ON DUDES !!!!!!!!!!!

my mp3 & FLAC music files that I left in my music folder on my SD card worked fine after the 2.2.1 update using PowerAMP, I did do a factory reset after I updated if that makes any difference

I tried the hotspot out last night. When I turn it on, the kid's ipod touches find it and you can connect to it, but it won't let you out on the network. It claims some server error.

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    I tried the hotspot out last night. When I turn it on, the kid's ipod touches find it and you can connect to it, but it won't let you out on the network. It claims some server error.

You need to activate it via VZW. Need to call them and have them turn it on and OK a $20/month addon. not worth it really.

Maybe someone will develop a free or one time pay version of it soon.

For the music, I would try to resync them. Windows Media Player should see the device when mounted via USB pretty easily and see if the files are there. Then resync them or recopy them. All my ringtones (I have two, Superman Returns theme for SMS and Justice League Unlimted for calls, yes I am a nerd) transfered over. Haven't tried any music mp3s though since my car stereo supports thumb drives.....

Totally not worth it. I just wanted to use to to get the touches to have access while in the car. Totally not worth an extra 20 a month. That's almost as much as another smart phone plan.

^Pretty much. Not sure why they would do that.

Then again it would probably all but kill their mobile hospot devices. Then again EasyTether can probably do that too.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links