Your First Opinions on FroYo

This is a discussion on Your First Opinions on FroYo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Yea the multiple landscape is nice but me and the wifey have noticed it seems really sensative. Might just need to get used to it. ...

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Opinions on FroYo

Yea the multiple landscape is nice but me and the wifey have noticed it seems really sensative. Might just need to get used to it.

Also I had it charging via USB on my PC. And the indicator light wasnt on. Bujt it charged the phone. Might be a new feature to know its charging via usb or outlet.

Never even noticed the landscape, Cool... After reading AA's post about doing the factory reset I went ahead and did it, really surprised by how much smoother my phone is now. I would definitely reccomend resetting after getting Froyo

I currently have 64 apps installed on my phone.

38 are apps that were pre-installed but only 8 of them are apps I will never use. Which seems like a smaller number than I used to have.

I have downloaded 26 apps and so far only 10 could not be moved to the SD Card.

Just checked my phone memory and I still have 64 MB free!
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysmitty View Post
    Also I had it charging via USB on my PC. And the indicator light wasnt on. Bujt it charged the phone. Might be a new feature to know its charging via usb or outlet.

Indicator light works on mine when connected via USB. Red when battery is below 90%, just like with Eclair.

I like the USB connect screen that comes up when hooked up to the computer. Don't have to drag down the notification bar and click on mount any more.

I have not experienced any of the issues posted on here so far, everything and I mean everything is much better! Not too happy that it would cost more to use the hot spot function, and all my contact and notification tones were saved and work! I am trying out my PDANet right now and it is working too (that was what I was worried about most)! It would be nice if all the apps could be moved off the phone and to be able to delete the pre-installed ones we don't want to use but, being able to move some is definitely improving my phones performance and that is very welcome! Even my notification lights are the same for me...

Quote Originally Posted by LG Ally Cat View Post
    I have not experienced any of the issues posted on here so far, everything and I mean everything is much better! Not too happy that it would cost more to use the hot spot function, and all my contact and notification tones were saved and work! I am trying out my PDANet right now and it is working too (that was what I was worried about most)! It would be nice if all the apps could be moved off the phone and to be able to delete the pre-installed ones we don't want to use but, being able to move some is definitely improving my phones performance and that is very welcome! Even my notification lights are the same for me...

Ok, so question about the hot spot function. I have it & I've already used it for "free". Is this just a trial basis & it will eventually be a charge? Or because I pay the $30/month for unlimited internet mean it will always be free? I'm confused b/c so far, I've not ready anything on the phone that says this is just a trial.

Quote Originally Posted by loveally View Post
    Ok, so question about the hot spot function. I have it & I've already used it for "free". Is this just a trial basis & it will eventually be a charge? Or because I pay the /month for unlimited internet mean it will always be free? I'm confused b/c so far, I've not ready anything on the phone that says this is just a trial.

Was it fully functional and allowing internet access?

Yes. I got on Facebook, google, etc. When I get home later, I'm going to try it again & then also see if I can use it for the Wii as well. Logically speaking, it should work, but that doesn't always mean anything. :-)

UPDATE: Ok....I was completely wrong. I remember giving the hot spot a password & thought it was working. However, when I went to Facebook, etc, it kept telling me there was some kind of error. Then, I found out that it wasn't connecting to the phone. That is when I plugged it in & it worked fine.

I will not be paying $20 extra. That's just ridiculous. I'll just get some kind of cord & plug my laptop to my tv if I want to see something larger or watch it with hubby.

One thing I have noticed that I don't like is that the ringer volume no longer goes to off. It will go to vibrate but before, you could even turn off vibrate. I can't stand vibrating and think that that is just as annoying as a ring especially in the middle of a meeting.

Edit: My phone just started doing some weird stuff. The screen started flashing between a black screen and the home screen then it rebooted. After the reboot, none of the apps on my SD Card would work. I manually did another reboot and they are working now.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    One thing I have noticed that I don't like is that the ringer volume no longer goes to off. It will go to vibrate but before, you could even turn off vibrate. I can't stand vibrating and think that that is just as annoying as a ring especially in the middle of a meeting.

I see....that is annoying. I actually downloaded a widget from the market several months ago called "silent toggle widget" which lets you choose vibrate, silent or ring. It's a small widget, so I just have it on my home screen. I tried it just now after I received the 2.2 update & it still works. You might look into that. It might solve your problem.

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links