Your First Opinions on FroYo

This is a discussion on Your First Opinions on FroYo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Thanks, I will add it to my list of apps I still need to download. It is a long list....

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Opinions on FroYo

Thanks, I will add it to my list of apps I still need to download. It is a long list.
    Motorola Droid 4

My device is up[dating right now!!! i got the OTA!

Well, I got it and it pretty well jacked my home page.

I have 2 Youtube gizmos on it and can't move them or remove them or anything.

I used the LG home before and now I guess it's Google?

Nothing seems to work right.

How do you remove the youtube app(s)?

How do I get back to my LG (or maybe it was VZ?) page?

Press and hold then drag to the trash can....that will remove the widgets from the home screen.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by the LG or VZW page, but if you *may* be talking about the theme. If so, open the app drawer and choose 'themes' Change to the one opposite that you have now.

Hope this helps in some way.

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    One thing I have noticed that I don't like is that the ringer volume no longer goes to off. It will go to vibrate but before, you could even turn off vibrate. I can't stand vibrating and think that that is just as annoying as a ring especially in the middle of a meeting.

Edit: My phone just started doing some weird stuff. The screen started flashing between a black screen and the home screen then it rebooted. After the reboot, none of the apps on my SD Card would work. I manually did another reboot and they are working now.

1st im glad you finally got the update, haven't read a post yet when that happened. the vibrate thing can be adjusted in settings. it gives you like 4 choices on how 2 handle it. i selected the option that made it as it was.

I got I early yesterday and I like it everything is quicker more repsomsive I've noticed the key board makes a clikcing noise when using the touch pad not the actual key board and using the touch pad is so much cleaner and respnosive before it was really laggy

I noticed the notifications on the lock screen Ans this really annoys me because I used handcent simlnce I got my phone because I hate the stock messaging look and the no pop

Quote Originally Posted by NoDumbFon View Post
    1st im glad you finally got the update, haven't read a post yet when that happened. the vibrate thing can be adjusted in settings. it gives you like 4 choices on how 2 handle it. i selected the option that made it as it was.

Thanks, found the setting and switched it to no vibrste in silent mode. Now the ringer volume goes off instead.

The screen flashing and reboot has happened several times and always happens when I hit the home button. Still takes 10 to 15 seconds for the home screen to show up.
    Motorola Droid 4

Does anyone else still have same lockscreen slider as before? I updated to 2.2 and I thought it came with the black lockscreen slider but I dont have it.

@Karlie I use the pattern lock (keeps out kids and other nosy people LOL), but disabled it for a moment to check my unlock screen. I do have black sliders. One unlocks the phone and the other turns the sounds off. One thing I had never seen was under the clock it has a little speech bubble that says "106 messages" I have never seen this before since I have always used the pattern lock. Does anybody know if this is new or a 2.2 feature? I have more than 106 messages in the messaging app so exactly WHAT messages does this refer to?

Couple of things first my phone is very unstable...scrolling thru web pages acts like it would if I try to scroll while the page is loading.....my home page is obviously the google start page and now I have an option for beta what does that mean and what setting should I have it set to..I've been struggling all day to send txt....has anyone backed up and restored there phone since the update ? And if so what app is good to use besides mybackup seems this version is a tad bit more technical...thanks to the tech savy who have posted good info so far

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links