Your First Opinions on FroYo

This is a discussion on Your First Opinions on FroYo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; My Ally has been assigning hot keys on it's own. When I am texting, if I hit the "e" it sends me directly to the ...

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Your First Opinions on FroYo

My Ally has been assigning hot keys on it's own. When I am texting, if I hit the "e" it sends me directly to the gmail. So far, only way to get out of it is turn the phone off then back on again. Not sure what causes this.

Quote Originally Posted by nyuk1998 View Post
    My Ally has been assigning hot keys on it's own. When I am texting, if I hit the "e" it sends me directly to the gmail. So far, only way to get out of it is turn the phone off then back on again. Not sure what causes this.

1. Press the menu button.

2. Touch Settings.

3. Touch Applications.

4. Touch Quick Launch.

5. Long touch any of the quick launches you don't want.

6. Touch OK.
    Motorola Droid 4

I had that problem when on 2.1, Nyuk. I never use the keyboard shortcuts so to get around it, I just unassociated the shortcuts in the menu and it stopped happening. So far, on 2.2 I haven't had the problem crop up and the shortcuts are still listed. If it does happen again, I'll just unassociate the shortcuts again. If you do use them, then I don't have an answer for you.

so i am getting my phone all backed up to do a factory reset, but after reading through everything i am afraid to do so, because my phone is acting fine right now and id prefer for it to stay that way! any thoughts?

If it's acting fine, don't do a factory reset.

Quote Originally Posted by sierra toucan View Post
    so i am getting my phone all backed up to do a factory reset, but after reading through everything i am afraid to do so, because my phone is acting fine right now and id prefer for it to stay that way! any thoughts?

Yes, I'm thinking the same thing.

I was set on doing one before the update, because my battery life sucked & my phone lagged. And I also had major space issues. But ever since I got the update & moved some apps to the SD card, my phone has improverd a lot. I am not having any of the issues other people are having with 2.2. My battery life has even seemed to improve somewhat because the 50% bug has seemed to disappear (for now! Lol).

So, I'm thinking I'm gonna hold off on the factory reset for right now. I will do it if I start having some problems or if the 50% bug comes back & starts killing my battery again.

Quote Originally Posted by Cor_en_fa View Post
    My biggest irritation with the update so far is silly. I have notification ringtones assigned to my text messaging, google chat, and google calendar in each app's respective settings. I also have a default ringtone set in the Ally's general phone settings. It will only use the default ringtone and not the ones that I assigned to the apps. It worked before the update, but now, I just get the one default notification ringtone. If I set it to no default ringtone, then I get no ringtones at all for notifications. Grr.

I'm having the exact same issue, anyone figured out how to solve this? all my apps have different ringtones assigned to them, but regardless of what they are set on it only uses the default notification ringtone. This may be minor but it's a huge annoyance

Quote Originally Posted by Tazman19 View Post
    How do you have so much internal memory left?
    No idea, just posted what it says, fyi the app count is going from ALL apps listed in the manage app tab...I am definitely not happy since finding out the LG update voids my warranty though

Quote Originally Posted by bks View Post
    No idea, just posted what it says, fyi the app count is going from ALL apps listed in the manage app tab...I am definitely not happy since finding out the LG update voids my warranty though

If both updates are the same, I am not sure how they will know the difference.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by bks View Post

Where did you hear that?

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links