Factory Reset before Froyo??

This is a discussion on Factory Reset before Froyo?? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Just curious if folks are doing a factory reset then installing Froyo or just installing on top of 2.1?...

Thread: Factory Reset before Froyo??

Just curious if folks are doing a factory reset then installing Froyo or just installing on top of 2.1?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    Just curious if folks are doing a factory reset then installing Froyo or just installing on top of 2.1?

updated on top of 2.1 then did a factory reset (the phones stays at 2.2.1 after reset) and everything is working fine so far

I did what Jazz did. Updated, factory reset and also formatted the SD card. Probably overkill but whatever haha.

Well, if I ever get the update, I will do a factory reset after it just to clean up any misc issues. I have had very few problems by always doing a reset after an upgrade. It does take about an hour to adjust my settings and reinstall my everyday apps.

Of course I did a factory reset last night hoping it would help so in this case I will have done one before and after.
    Motorola Droid 4

I didn't but would prefer not to even though I might. Unless someone knows how to backup the call logs. Other than that I would be fine doing new apps since I only have a few games really.

If you are into saving call logs, there is an app on the market that will save all your call logs to your google calender. It's pretty neat. I used it for a while but don't anymore, because, well... I just don't really need that info.

I am waiting for the OTA update and will do a Factory Reset after. I may even format the SD Card. I haven't decided on that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmysmitty View Post
    I didn't but would prefer not to even though I might. Unless someone knows how to backup the call logs. Other than that I would be fine doing new apps since I only have a few games really.

Why not just login to your Verizon account on a pc. You can view all calls in the usage section, just click on View Call Details.
    Motorola Droid 4

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links