Does Froyo Fix 50% Bug?

This is a discussion on Does Froyo Fix 50% Bug? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I installed Froyo last night. I just looked at Settings>AboutPhone>BatteryUse>CellStandby and its at 81%. Shouldn't this be below 50%?...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does Froyo Fix 50% Bug?

I installed Froyo last night. I just looked at Settings>AboutPhone>BatteryUse>CellStandby and its at 81%. Shouldn't this be below 50%?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Cell Standby is not anything to worry about. It is just telling you that the phone was waiting for something to happen 81% of the time. If you touch the Cell Standby, you will see Time Without Signal. If this number is above 50%, you might have the 50% bug.

I say might because it depends on how long the phone has been off the charger. If the phone was unplugged for 30 minutes, Cell Standby is at 80%, TWS is 60%, is only about 14 minutes. Check it 2 hours later and it might read, Cell Standby 90%, TWS 16%. In which case, you would be ok.

But if you check it in 2 hours and the TWS is still above 50%, then you have the bug or are in a dead zone.
    Motorola Droid 4

Excellent. Thanks for the info

My cell standby is always above 50% and tws is usually 85%or higher, 100% most of the time which I think is due to my area But my battery usually lasts at least 40+ hours. I tried all the tricks for the so called 50% bug with no luck...IMO, training the battery is the best thing you can do because that's what I did. Run it til it dies, try turning it back on a couple times, charge til 100% and sometimes I leave it on for a couple hours after...I also got in the habit of setting to airplane mode and shutting down for a couple minutes as soon as I unplug, not for the bug but to give the phone a break. (Sorry for rambling on but after all the bug talk I just wanted to get that out there) LOL

Today is my first day using the update, it downloaded yesterday. Prior to this, my time without signal averaged 80%, and I always have a signal everywhere I go. Today its 20%.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    It's just a reporting error and doesn't actually affect battery life anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkerie View Post
    It's just a reporting error and doesn't actually affect battery life anyway.

I agree that the bug is just a reporting error.

However, if your phone really does have a high TWS that is not caused by the bug, it can drain the battery because your phone is searching more for a signal.
    Motorola Droid 4

When I first installed Froyo, the 50% bug went away. When I later rebooted it, the bug returned.

I agree that it is just a reporting error and nothing to worry about. You can see the bug not just in terms of the percentage reported without service but also in the fact that the time in standby is reported as being about twice the time since the phone was last unplugged.

Quote Originally Posted by cdavidhess View Post
    When I first installed Froyo, the 50% bug went away. When I later rebooted it, the bug returned.

I agree that it is just a reporting error and nothing to worry about. You can see the bug not just in terms of the percentage reported without service but also in the fact that the time in standby is reported as being about twice the time since the phone was last unplugged.

I always thought that it did drain the battery if the TWS was above 50% that's not true?

Before the Froyo update, my TWS was always 50% and above and my battery never lasted more than 5 hours before needing to go back on the charger. That's with medium use & everything turned off (except for Background Sync). After the Froyo update, which was a few days ago for me, my TWS has stayed at 0% consistantly and my battery is now lasting about 10 hours before needing to go back on the charger.

Maybe just a quinky dink? Lol

The situation is analogous to a blinking warning light on the dash of your car or your spaceship. Is the light linking because of a faulty sensor or a faulty part or condition.

It may be that you have an actual problem with TWS. Many of us do not.

My phone presently shows 50% time without a signal, 20 hours, 32 minutes since unplugged, and 93% of the battery charge remaining. I have used the phone very little during this time period. All radios are turned off.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links