Battery Use After Froyo

This is a discussion on Battery Use After Froyo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Here is something interesting. I unplugged my phone last night and when I got up this morning it was still at 100%. I have not ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battery Use After Froyo

Here is something interesting.

I unplugged my phone last night and when I got up this morning it was still at 100%.

I have not yet re-added any apps since my last Factory Update (I think I am on my 4th FR). Other than moving a few icons around, dialing *288, and setting up the News/Weather widget, I have not made any other changes to the phone.

So 6 1/2 hours and still at 100%.

My Time Without Signal is at 50% so this seems to have had no direct influence on the battery life.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    Here is something interesting.

I unplugged my phone last night and when I got up this morning it was still at 100%.

I have not yet re-added any apps since my last Factory Update (I think I am on my 4th FR). Other than moving a few icons around, dialing *288, and setting up the News/Weather widget, I have not made any other changes to the phone.

So 6 1/2 hours and still at 100%.

My Time Without Signal is at 50% so this seems to have had no direct influence on the battery life.

I have had a few occasions where my battery was at 100% for an abnornally long period of time but this was a false reading. I have a widget called miniinfo that shows the "battery health" which was showing as "over voltage" every time this happened. Rebooting the phone would then show the correct battery reading so it would go from 100% to 40% or whatever it should have been reading.

at 2 am i had 4% battery. 7 hours later i have 2%. my battery was draining soon after the update but it seems to have gotten much much better.

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    I have had a few occasions where my battery was at 100% for an abnornally long period of time but this was a false reading. I have a widget called miniinfo that shows the "battery health" which was showing as "over voltage" every time this happened. Rebooting the phone would then show the correct battery reading so it would go from 100% to 40% or whatever it should have been reading.

Just checked it again and after 12 hours of being unplugged my battery level is at 93%. The only time I used the phone was this morning when I was stuck on the highway and had to email my boss to let him know I would be late to work. Decided to follow your advice and do a reboot. After the reboot it is still sitting at 93%.

After my 4th Factory Reset, I think my Ally is finally ready to handle running Froyo.

The only things I have done so far since my last FR is:

1. *288 to update my PRL.
    2. Re-formatted the SD Card.
    3. Setup 1 POP3 Email Account.
    4. Setup the News & Weather Widget. I did not check the Pre-fetch Articles option this time.
    5. Moved some icons around the screen.
    6. Cleared all the Quick Launches.
    7. Changed my background image.

I have yet to download and install any apps from the market. I am hesitant at this point because I want to see how long my battery lasts without making any major changes to the phone. I am also staying off Facebook and using the phone to connect to the web. (Going through major withdrawals.)
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Android View Post
    After my 4th Factory Reset, I think my Ally is finally ready to handle running Froyo.

I haven't experienced any of the bugs or problems people have posted about on this forum so far (knock on wood) so it seems 2 factory resets and 1 SD card format got Froyo running ok for me

Quote Originally Posted by jazz View Post
    [/size]

I haven't experienced any of the bugs or problems people have posted about on this forum so far (knock on wood) so it seems 2 factory resets and 1 SD card format got Froyo running ok for me

I didn't do the SD Card format until after the 3rd FR. I think that might be the main cause for most of the issues. Will be loading some apps soon and it will be interesting to see how it goes.
    Motorola Droid 4

Can't speak for others, but my battery life is non existent. I unplug it at 0715 hours, and by 0800 it's down to 90%. By 0900 it's in the 80's. I've resorted to just plugging it in at work. I also carry a Boostpac with me so I don't run out of juice in the field.

So far, my battery life has improved dramatically. 2 days in a row it was still at 100% when I got up in the morning. Before, I was lucky if it was around 75%.

I have only added 2 apps so far and not moved any to the SD card.
    Motorola Droid 4

Been off and on the phone since 5am. E-mailing, texting, changing settings, adding Apps and checking out those Apps. My battery is currently at 70% now at 4pm. That is pretty excellent IMO.

My Brightness is minimum, Sync is always on and WiFi I changed to Never disconnect (unless I do so manually). Still have 70% after 11 hours. That is great!

Oh wait. I did move files around with a PC so however short I was connected via USB should be considered, too. ... but still. My battery seems improved.

Since doing the 2.2 update the other day, my battery has been dying really fast. I have not used my cell at all today and it just beeped to tell me the batter is dead.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links