Battery Use After Froyo

This is a discussion on Battery Use After Froyo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Originally Posted by Kelli Since doing the 2.2 update the other day, my battery has been dying really fast. I have not used my cell ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Battery Use After Froyo

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
    Since doing the 2.2 update the other day, my battery has been dying really fast. I have not used my cell at all today and it just beeped to tell me the batter is dead.

What all have you setup since the upgrade? Are you using the new News & Weather widget, Did you reformat your SD Card?
    Motorola Droid 4

I can't get my battery to drain fast enough, sync on,wifi on, location on along with texting, phone calls and pretty much constantly messing around on the net and I am sitting at 8% after 30 hours...

Use the map. It will drain it fast.
    Motorola Droid 4

pmd
    I expect a lot from my LG Ally. When I got it in July the battery only lasted for maybe 3 or 4 hours when i used it a lot. When i let it sit it would make my battery last a little longer. So I went for a couple of months and then when the Froyo update came out I was excited because of all the changes that it would bring. So since I got the update last weekend I have never killed the battery. Now it charges all night then at 7:00 it is shut off during school then at 2:00 I turn it back on. Then i finish my school work by 4:00 or 5:00. Now during those times it sits their on standby doing nothing. When i check it their is a dent in the battery. Then at 8:00 or 9:00 when I put it in the dock to charge for the night it is at 60% or somewhere near their. I was wondering if you guys are experiencing better performance from you LG Ally's batery. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kelli View Post
    Since doing the 2.2 update the other day, my battery has been dying really fast. I have not used my cell at all today and it just beeped to tell me the batter is dead.

Did you reset ALL your settings? Brightness was full, and optimum settings were set. Did you turn off GPS, for example?

My battery sucks now too

Mine is dying really fast too. It will be hooked up to the charger and my phone will say that it's charging, but it dies while on the charger. At first I thought it was the charger before I tried it on other phones. SO I think I'm gonna go to the VZW store because my charger is working for phones.... Just not so much my Ally. Any thoughts?

My battery life always has been decent. It seems improved since Froyo. My last charge lasted 6 days, 7 hours. I had 9% of battery life left at the end of this period. I only used the Ally lightly---display was on 4 hours, 12 minutes, 13 minutes of voice calls, took 6 pictures, received one picture message, GPS, 3G, WiFi, and Sync were all turned off except when needed. I also have the 50% bug, but it is obviously only a reading error. I have had no issues whatsoever since I installed Froyo.

When I first received the update, my battery life was horrible. Since having the update for a while now and having my usual apps running long enough for the caches to stabilize things have settled down. My battery life is now comparable to what I had with 2.1. I can unplug the phone around 6 am and it is fine until I get home around 5 or 6 in the evening. This is with "typical" use and keeping wifi on constantly.

thought i'd throw my 2 cents in on this issue. before the froyo update, i would average a little less than 24 hours per charge, depending on how i used it. since the update, i've gotten well over 24 hours per charge. right now, i'm at almost 39 hours with 24% left on the charge. i never in a million years would have thought i'd see that big an improvement. now, i will admit, i havent used it a lot over the last 2 days, but still almost 2 full days is amazing considering i was lucky to get 1 full day before the update. i'm happy. sorry that some others aren't experiencing the same increase.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links