Battery Use After Froyo

This is a discussion on Battery Use After Froyo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; My battery life is worse since the update. I have noticed a new service running since the update: (LGDunService) Anyone know what this is and ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Battery Use After Froyo

My battery life is worse since the update.

I have noticed a new service running since the update: (LGDunService)

Anyone know what this is and could this be the culprit?
    "STAY THIRSTY MY FRIENDS"

Just to chime in, I feel my battery life has improved pretty substantially under 2.2. I'm running screen brightness at almost 100 percent, and the phone is my music in the car, so it's in constant use while I drive and I drive a lot. Day before yesterday, I drove nearly 100 miles using the phone for music, briefly to navigate, and also to text/check Facebook/etc. At the end of my eight-hour day, I was showing around 90 percent, which I felt was remarkable.

Sync is set at factory specs, bluetooth is always on, GPS and wifi are rarely on. I will say, however, that once I got home that evening and started playing on my phone more, the battery life dropped pretty quickly, and it seemed about the same as 2.1 at that point.

Not sure if this is since the upgrade, because I did do a factory reset after the upgrade, having issues with phone calls locking the phone............but I stopped using Lookout which was always running in the background, and now my battery life is AWESOME and that is with Data always on and sometimes WIFI. I can go a day to a day and a half depending on how much I am using it.

2.2 has made a dramatic difference on my wife's Ally.

With 2.1 she would take it off charge in the morning and with only light phone/web/facebook use during the day, it would be down to somewhere between 40%- 50% by the time she got home from work. Everything was off except sync, a battery and a clock widget. She was not a happy camper. She was afraid to increase her usage, thinking she would probably have a dead phone before she could get home at night.

With the 2.2 upgrade and same usage pattern she now gets home with an easy 80% or more. She can now go two or three days between charges. She took it off charge yesterday morning, had very light use yesterday and at 11am today still has 80%.

She's now very happy with her Ally.

My battery life is much much better since the upgrade.

I did install the News and Weather widget, however I set it to my city rather than my location. I run screen brightness at 100% and leave the sync on, however I have lowered all the sync times. I do not let GPS nor WiFi run continuously, although I might let GPS go with the new battery life. Other apps that are always running include No Lock, Wall Paper Plus, and I use Watchdog Lite to periodically kill things like Skype.

That said, the 50% seems to be killed for good. None of the previous tricks worked for more than a few hours for me, but now Cell Standby is running around 20% for me. Previously it was not uncommon for me to barely get a work day out of it at the above settings and some texting/calls. I did not use the phone much over the weekend but I went from Friday AM to Sunday PM on a single charge.

I unplugged after posting this morning with a full charge. 6h31m later I'm at 85%

Cell standby - 33%

Phone Idle - 31%

Android Sys - 30%

Display - 5%

Voice Calls - 2%

GPS on and Syncing, Brightness at 100%

I can't figure out my battery. Some days it drops like a rock with no usage and other days it goes all day and still at 80%. I almost put it on the charger every night at bedtime. Sunday I hardly used it except for 2 phone calls. At bedtime it was still 80%. I charged it anyways, woke up in the middle of the night and took it off the charger. When I got up a few hours later it was already down in the 70's. Had 1 call, 3 texts and googled something. At 5pm it was at 20%. Usually if it is dropping I reboot it and seems better.

According to LG, with medium use, Background Data on, WiFi on, brightness on, & Auto sync on, you should be getting 6 to 8 hours of battery. If you have all the stuff off, medium use & brightness down most of the time (like I used to) and you aren't getting at the least, 6 hours of battery life, then you have a bad battery and need to go to Verizon and get a brand new one. And this was told to me by several different people at LG. I told Verizon, and I was still under my 1 year warrenty, and they immediately sent me a new battery. Now my phone usually last all day and that's with background data onand medium use. I suggest, especially if you are still under warrenty, going to Verizon and getting a new battery if you are only getting a few hours of battery. Somethings wrong.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    The Ally will never officially have Gingerbread.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links