Battery Use After Froyo

This is a discussion on Battery Use After Froyo within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I installed 2.2 pretty easily on my Ally and am pretty happy with the results. I like the visual changes and being able to move ...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery Use After Froyo

Android Jr Member stingrayracing's Avatar
    I installed 2.2 pretty easily on my Ally and am pretty happy with the results. I like the visual changes and being able to move some of my apps to the SD. While using 2.1 I had gotten my battery usage under control with deleting some apps. Now with 2.2 and the same apps the battery seems to take a nose dive at twice the rate as it did with 2.1. I have cut the screen brightness, closed running services, gone to 1x instead of 3g and the battery still drops faster than before. Has anyone else seen this happen with 2.2? I thought 2.2 would improve battery usage, not increase it.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Check your sync settings. Maybe you have things syncing more frequently than you did before...ie twitter apps, push mail etc.

I have auto sync off, background sync off, and sync is off for all of my accounts. Am I missing something? Can you change the frequency?

I too find that battery life is a little worse. With 2.1 If I charge my phone to 100% and unplug it when I go to bed at 11:00pm, it would be at around 90% when I got up at 5:00am. The past 2 days on 2.2 it has been at around 70% when I woke up. Also today I did the Airplane Mode/Reboot trick that seemed to help with 2.1 and my battery seems to be draining slower now. Are we the only "lucky" fools who got to keep the 50% bug with Froyo??

Quote Originally Posted by marioval View Post
    I too find that battery life is a little worse. With 2.1 If I charge my phone to 100% and unplug it when I go to bed at 11:00pm, it would be at around 90% when I got up at 5:00am. The past 2 days on 2.2 it has been at around 70% when I woke up. Also today I did the Airplane Mode/Reboot trick that seemed to help with 2.1 and my battery seems to be draining slower now. Are we the only "lucky" fools who got to keep the 50% bug with Froyo??

I hope this is not the case, because I have horrible battery life with the 2.1 already. 2.2 doesn't fix that or makes it worse my phone might as well just stay on the darn charger all day!

Did both of you download the update from LG's website? If so, do you think maybe that could be why your having a little bit of battery issues now? Not sure why that would be, but you never know.

I do not have 2.2 yet, I am gonna just wait for the OTA update because I am not sure if the 2 will be different from eachother (update from LG & update from VZ).

I downloaded 2.2.1 using the LG update and my battery life is fine. I find that the memory management is much improved also so the phone overall performance has improved.

I did install the update then I did a factory reset and put all my apps back on.

Even though we have discussed battery life often on these forums, Here is a good post with many battery tips consolidated in one place.

Another couple of informative posts can be found here and here

I got 2.2 last night and Im using my phone constantly. And my girlfriend was playing a game on it earlier and my battery isn't as bad as it use to be. I have the new weather widget and mini info app on and that's all and I used the flash light for 5 minutes constantly today And I still have a good charge

Adobe flash anyone?

With 2.1 my battery would go down about 10% in about 4-6 hours with average use. Now with 2.2 my battery is going down 10% in about 2 hours with no use at all. I have tried everything, I think. I even uninstalled the task killer to see if it would make a difference. No luck. I am even running the phone on 1x instead of 3g and the lowest screen brightness. 2.2 is nice in some respects but I liked my longer time between charges. Is there any way to reload 2.1 and go back to the old OS?? Would a factory reset help anything and how would I go about doing a reset? What would I lose? Any help greatly appreciated!

I unplugged mine last night at 1:00 and am currently at 79%.
    Motorola Droid 4

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links