Who wants to compare notes?

This is a discussion on Who wants to compare notes? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Who wants to compare notes on the different versions to check to see if there are any differences and what they are?...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who wants to compare notes?

Who wants to compare notes on the different versions to check to see if there are any differences and what they are?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Which version...I have the LG one

I have the LG one as well. Anybody with OTA want to chime in?

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    i am willing, and collecting my information currently. i should have a post 2gether shortly.

my control group would be...

Lg upgrade via internet, with no factory reset after.

use of a task killer

use of an extended battery during transition

Android Lurker corndancer_lgally's Avatar
    I haven't found this question posted yet, so I will ask... I upgraded to 2.2 through LG like many people here but wonder IF I get a notification for OTA update, should I ignore it or install on the assumption verizon will complete anything LG may not have?

I just got the OTA last night. It was like a Factory Reset. None of my Apps were there. I want to test more but I am busy today. It is hard to not mess with it but I want to check it out a la carte. Just damn busy...

Quote Originally Posted by corndancer View Post
    I haven't found this question posted yet, so I will ask... I upgraded to 2.2 through LG like many people here but wonder IF I get a notification for OTA update, should I ignore it or install on the assumption verizon will complete anything LG may not have?

I updated via the LGMU and just to check I connected to wifi and checked to see if it would try to push and update. Nope...said I am up to date. I do not know if this method of updating prevents any further pushes of OTA updates or not.

for those with 2.2 OTA... is backup assistant working properly for you?

I got the OTA update last night and have noticed a couple of differences from those who did the LG update. I don't have the black slider bar on the unlock screen, my text LED notification is green. One difference from 2.1 that hasn't been mentioned yet is the screen that displays all text threads is white instead of black now. Some of my notification sounds were reset to default, but they were easily fixed to custom sounds. All my apps were present and accounted for. As far as lag time and apps running more quickly, everything seems faster except Angry Birds.. I moved it to the SD card and it's just as laggy as before. I didn't reset after the update because everything seems to be running smoothly so far.

P.S. Swype doesn't work anymore

Quote Originally Posted by chinacat120 View Post
    I got the OTA update last night and have noticed a couple of differences from those who did the LG update. I don't have the black slider bar on the unlock screen, my text LED notification is green. One difference from 2.1 that hasn't been "7mentioned yet is the screen that displays all text threads is white instead of black now. Some of my notification sounds were reset to default, but they were easily fixed to custom sounds. All my apps were present and accounted for. As far as lag time and apps running more quickly, everything seems faster except Angry Birds.. I moved it to the SD card and it's just as laggy as before. I didn't reset after the update because everything seems to be running smoothly so far.

P.S. Swype doesn't work anymore
    My led is green and I did the LG update, as for swype just uninstall and reinstall it, should work fine, mine does

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links