Update - Text problems & Missed calls

This is a discussion on Update - Text problems & Missed calls within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Hi. I received the "upgrade" this morning. I've been having problems with my Ally since the day I received it and Verizon's customer service and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Update - Text problems & Missed calls

Hi. I received the "upgrade" this morning. I've been having problems with my Ally since the day I received it and Verizon's customer service and management have been disgraceful. I've had issues every step of the way. Anyway, I hoped that this update would make things better, however, I'm having an even harder time than before. I am unable to get into my text messages. Each time I try, the screen locks up. The back button won't work so I have to wait until the phone determines that it can't do what it's trying to do and gives me the option to force close or wait. I've tried about 15 times and the same thing happens each time. Also, I guess there's a new theme on the layout of the phone. I had what looked like a new layout...I suddenly had more icons showing on my screen than I previously had. Then for a little while, it went back to the old way and now the new format is back. Is anyone else having issues with text access? I might have more problems...this is jus what I've noticed so far. Does anyone know how to correct this? I'm trying to avoid calling Verizon because they're usually useless. I have a feeling they'll make me do a hard reset and I'll lose everything. I guess there's a chance that I've already lost everything but I'm hoping my history will come back at some point. Any help will be greatly appreciated!!!! Thanks!!!!

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

My advice was going to be to do a factory reset. The way I do it is this:

1. Make sure contacts are synced to Google

2. Open notepad on computer and type out all the apps I have installed on my phone (easy to refer to in order to reload)

3. Connect phone and copy SD card to computer so no photos, videos, etc are lost

4. Format SD card

5. Factory reset

6. Reload apps from list

Excessive? Maybe. Time consuming? A little. Worth it? YES! Everything runs as it should and I don't have any of the bugs others are talking about.....yet. *knock on wood*

Quote Originally Posted by Ak8s View Post
    My advice was going to be to do a factory reset. The way I do it is this:

1. Make sure contacts are synced to Google

2. Open notepad on computer and type out all the apps I have installed on my phone (easy to refer to in order to reload)

3. Connect phone and copy SD card to computer so no photos, videos, etc are lost

4. Format SD card

5. Factory reset

6. Reload apps from list

Excessive? Maybe. Time consuming? A little. Worth it? YES! Everything runs as it should and I don't have any of the bugs others are talking about.....yet. *knock on wood*

Thank you for the response. I'll try that. My only concern is that this will definitely make me lose all of my texts, right? Can you think of any way that wouldn't happen? Do you know if there's any app that allows backing up of texts? I've been meaning to search for one for a long time but I was lazy and now I think it might be too late. I'd like something that saves all texts and lets me view them on a computer, if there's such a thing. I appreciate the quick response to my question and will also appreciate any additional info you have on backing up.

I saw an app in the market that lets you save texts. But yes, a factory reset will wipe the texts out.

Look at SMS Backup. This supposedly backs up your texts to the google calendar. I haven't used it so I personally can't give it thumbs up or thumbs down, but it has 4.5 stars in the market.

Hi again,

I just checked my Contacts to be sure they were in my Google account and then copied my pictures from my phone to my Flash Drive. Suddenly, my text list opened up. I don't know what happened but it seems to be fixed now. Still, if you know of any app that will allow me to back up texts and manage them online, I'd appreciate it. Other than that, thank you. Your advice, while I didn't have to do the entire process, has fixed my problem. I appreciate your help!!! Have a great night!

Tara

I'm glad you got it worked out. Go to http://www.appbrain.com and look up the different options for SMS backup programs.

Android Jr Member David Sevigny's Avatar
    there is an app that sends your sms to your google email. i had it yet it rocked my world with the volume of info. so i got rid of it. you can do this, there are practicle reasons for many people to need this. wish i could be more app title specific.

Kinda noticed my phone has been really quiet all day so about 15min ago I shut it down and restarted it well I had 12 txts 5 vm's.....this update sucks....my kids were trying to get ahold of me what's the reason to have it if after some update the damn thing doesn't even ring....up until this update many people on here couldn't wait for it many of you were even complaining to verizon and lg as if it was sooooo important that you got this update to you people I say I'm glad you got it now deal with it..for the rest of us this sucks!! Never in my life have I wanted to f#$k with a phone as much as I've had to with this peice of and the software it keeps putting out

Have you done the factory reset after the update? I'm sorry you are having issues with the phone.

Ak....no I need a backup ap other than mybackup would you happen to know of another and thanks for the suggestion

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links