Froyo charging problem

This is a discussion on Froyo charging problem within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; My lg ally won't take a charge. The charger light goes on and it looks like my battery is charging, but when I take if ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Froyo charging problem

My lg ally won't take a charge. The charger light goes on and it looks like my battery is charging, but when I take if off the charger it says to plug it in there is no battery life. the smart phone is new to me so I'm pretty clueless as to how everything works I've read people saying to try a factory restart i m just not sure how do do that or if ill lose all my info any suggestions or info anyone has would be greatly appreciated thank you

Also I forgot to add that when I shut my phone off and turn it back on I always get one of two homescreens there are two totally different home screens that come up when I shut my phone off and turn it on I never know what I'm going to get

Quote Originally Posted by ld1023 View Post
    My lg ally won't take a charge. The charger light goes on and it looks like my battery is charging, but when I take if off the charger it says to plug it in there is no battery life. the smart phone is new to me so I'm pretty clueless as to how everything works I've read people saying to try a factory restart i m just not sure how do do that or if ill lose all my info any suggestions or info anyone has would be greatly appreciated thank you

Are you using a factory charger or aftermarket? If it's factory, I'd take it back to verizon.

As far as pulling up odd homescreens, that could be a number of things. I've noticed from time to time my ally will default back to the stock homescreen photo. It pops up in unusual places, but I suspect you will see less and less of that as you use your phone.

Quote Originally Posted by ld1023 View Post
    Also I forgot to add that when I shut my phone off and turn it back on I always get one of two homescreens there are two totally different home screens that come up when I shut my phone off and turn it on I never know what I'm going to get

http://www.lgallyforums.com/topic/22...ng-on-its-own/
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by John23ally View Post
    At this point, I'm thinking 2.2 blocks aftermarket chargers by design. The car charger I had used with my first ally since August will not charge the new ally on 2.2. However, I borrowed my daughter's Verizon-brand micro-usb car charger (she has an enV Touch) and it charges my phone perfectly. I'm very disappointed by this, and if it is indeed across all platforms, I hope there will be enough of an outcry that it will be corrected.

I agree. I have also come to the conclusion that 2.2 is blocking aftermarket chargers on my Ally as well. It will only charge with the VZW wall charger from my previous EnV Touch. It no longer works with a Accurian usb wall charger...the same one I've used before with the phone, the wife's old HTC Eris, and her new Droid 2 Global (which all still charge). Took it to a VZW store, they plugged it in to various phone chargers on display, none worked...one of them did make the red light come on and acknowledge it was plugged in, but the charging lightning bolt came on and went out immediately. Nonsense.

It does "suck", them doing this for greed, but this, coupled with random rebooting (yes, even after full restore and with NO aftermarket apps installed), it's gonna push me to get the Merge once it arrives. Froyo has rendered my Ally nearly useless. It was a nice lil' phone while it lasted...my first Droid. I won't forget you.

I have an aftermarket car charger from Wal-Mart that still works.

I wonder if they tightened up the range of voltage/watage/whatever the phone will accept rather than actually blocking some chargers. This way it would make sense that some work and others don't work.

This Happend to me. I have an Ally loved it in 2.1 then it sent 2.2 and I thought every charger I owned broke because in my car with generic chargers they did not charge any more except the light would come on. Here is what happend, I called LG and they said 2.2 was never designed to go into the small processor phones.

HERE IS THE FIX, YOU MUST KNOW SOMETHING ABOUT ELECTRONICS AND SOLDERING, IF YOU CAN GENTLY DROP A SOLDER POINT FROM PINS 2 AND 3 ON THE USB SIDE CONNECTOR YOU WILL HAVE NO PROBLEMS I DID IT LAST NIGHT AND EVERY CHEAP WALMART 5 AND BELOW CHARGER WORKS JUST FINE.

KEEP IN MIND PINS 2 AND 3 ARE FOR DATA TRANSMISSION YOU CAN NO LONGER USE THEM ON YOUR LAPTOP FOR DATA ONLY CHARGING THATS IT. BUT ON EBAY I GET MICRO USB CABLES 10 FOR LIKE 2 DOLLARS SO ITS GOOD TO GO.

THE FOLKS AT VERIZON IN VIRGINIA BEACH RED MILL COMMONS SUCK! THEY WOULD NOT LISTEN TO ME AT ALL. THE LG REP LISTENED TO ME AND WAS VERY HELPFULL YOU TUBE VIDEO COMING OUT SOON TO FIX ALL THIS STUFF.

HOPE IT HELPS IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS EMAIL ME rick.mopar@gmail.com here is the link below to help out with what the usb cable actually does.

Rick

http://pinouts.ru/SerialPortsCables/...e_pinout.shtml

the newest hot sale produce

hello
    nice to meet you in this web . i will introduce to my shop the newest goods in this web wholesale new era hats, monster energy hats, dc shoes hats, New era red bull hats -http://hotsale8shop.com can you go to this web and see it ?i think the goods will surprise to you ! a quality of goods very good !the lowest price will be interested in you !my MSN is :hotsale8shop@hotmail.com!welcome your come !
    under is our goods list
    Nike air max supr shoes
    Nike Air Max shoes
    Air classic BW shoes
    Max Air Classic BW Kids shoes
    Nike Air Max LTD shoes
    Nike Air Max LTD Kids shoes
    Nike Air Max TN shoes
    Nike Air Max TN Kids shoes
    Nike air jordan Men
    Dunk SB shoes
    Puma shoes
    Nike Shox Shoes
    Nike shox NZ shoes
    Nike Shox OZ shoes
    Nike Shox TL shoes
    Nike Air Force shoes
    Nike AF shoes
    NBA Star Shoes
    D&G Man leather shoes
    Supra shoes
    CA shoes
    Timberland shoes
    UGG boots
    LV woman high boots
    Gucci low shoes
    Gucci women flat
    Good Year Shoes
    GUCCI kid shoes
    PUMA woman Sandals
    Chanel woman Sandals
    Adidas women shoes
    LV handbag
    Gucci handbag
    Chanel handbag
    Coach handbag
    D&G handbag
    Prada handbag
    Polo handbag
    Dior handbag
    LV Wallet
    Chanel Wallet
    Coach Wallet
    D&G Wallet
    Gucci Wallet
    ED Wallet
    Juicy Wallet
    Breitling Watch
    Chanel Watch
    OMEGA Watch
    Cartier Watch
    TAGHEUER Watch
    RADO Watch
    Gucci Sunglasses
    LV sunglasses
    D&G glasses
    Dior Sunglasses
    Armani Sunglasses
    Carrera Sunglasses
    Armani glasses
    Chanel glasses
    Gucci glasses
    Chanel glasses
    D&G glasses
    Dior glasses
    CK underpant
    ED jeans
    Armanni cap
    CA cap
    GHD hair
    GHI hair

bottom line, I think FroYo is a vast improvement over eclair, and was worth it. But it's still an insult the way they try to play games and force you to buy accessories from Verizon and/or LG.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links