Warranty void with LG 2.2 update

This is a discussion on Warranty void with LG 2.2 update within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Just went to a Verizon store to voice my concerns with the 2.2 update. I have had problems with the phone not disconnecting after a ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warranty void with LG 2.2 update

Android Jr Member stingrayracing's Avatar
    Just went to a Verizon store to voice my concerns with the 2.2 update. I have had problems with the phone not disconnecting after a call, drastic battery drain, not receiving some calls when I have a good signal, etc. I was told at the Verizon store that since I did the update online through the LG site it voided my warranty since it was not authorized by Verizon. Granted it is the same OS but not pushed by Verizon. Needless to say I was ticked off! The guy asked me "do you want to buy a car charger because you will need it". However, if Verizon does push a patch to fix any problems with the update I would get the patch with every one else. I also asked if it was possible to go back to the 2.1 and the answer was NO. Thought I would pass the info along.

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    It is possible to go back to 2.1, just not officially.

Well, if that is true (and I'm not totally conviced he was telling the truth to you) but IF it is...I may just have to get my root on. LOL The only reason I haven't rooted was because of the whole warranty thing. Warranty/Insurance...is that the same thing? Because I'm paying monthly for insurance on this thing and I think that buys me the protection if I screw it up...for ANY reason.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    The warrantee and insurance are not related. Insurance deductables are $90 for this phone but it beats buying full price.

I need to check, but I think I got the no deductible insurance.

Ok...I checked and apparently, there IS a deductible involved. I feel cheated. I was told if I had a problem with the phone, it would be replaced with no questions asked. Um...they are ASKING for 89 bucks.

So, let's say a year into my contract I need it replaced....

$ 89.00 deductible

+$104.00 (7.99 x12 months plus tax)

$193.00

Worth it? Probably not. If I cancel it though, I'll run over my phone the next day. UGH!

>> ...Thought I would pass the info along ...

I have been with Verizon forever - since before AirTouch out here in Southern California. I am no Android expert. But I guarantee you my contact with a Verizon representative would not have ended like you wrote yours did. We do not know exactly what transpired ... and you don't need to now detail it word-for-word. But armed with the facts of the upgrade and a phone whose ops have dramatically deteriorated, well, I would not have walked out of the store with the same phone I walked in with. It would have been taken care of by Verizon.

I am not a "fan boy," blinded by them. Maybe it's my age, and the fact that some say I have good "social engineering" skills. But if you walk in "armed" with a calm, logical, factual, cite-able problem, it has been MY first-hand experience these past many years that my problems get solved to my satisfaction.

Your mileage, I guess, may vary ...

Clint Bradford

Ya that's probably the same employee that told us all that we were getting Froyo in a week, that we weren't ever getting Froyo, that we were instead going to be getting Gingerbread, that they don't know what Froyo is, and on and on and on.

Verizon employees are retards. There is thread after thread of proof on here. The person you talked to likely has no idea what you were talking about. He just knew you already had a contract, therefor he could not sell you one. So you needed to leave.

I hated Verizon before they were Verizon. They ate up my local NYNEX, which I hated, too. It is like "a lesser evil." I am very happy the "2-year Upgrade" gave me a free Ally. Other than that I imagine a time after my contract expires that I can go rogue. Other companies are advertising XYZ for less where VW charges random amounts on crap. Really? Anything more than $.03 per text is a rip off IMO! ... Yet my E-mail is included?? Weird!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
    Just went to a Verizon store to voice my concerns with the 2.2 update. I have had problems with the phone not disconnecting after a call, drastic battery drain, not receiving some calls when I have a good signal, etc. I was told at the Verizon store that since I did the update online through the LG site it voided my warranty since it was not authorized by Verizon. Granted it is the same OS but not pushed by Verizon. Needless to say I was ticked off! The guy asked me "do you want to buy a car charger because you will need it". However, if Verizon does push a patch to fix any problems with the update I would get the patch with every one else. I also asked if it was possible to go back to the 2.1 and the answer was NO. Thought I would pass the info along.

Can anyone else verify this? It seems strange to me that this would void the warranty, esp since LG had no such disclaimer on the site.

Belated thought: If the LG update was not authorized by Verizon they why did it contain all the new Verizon bloatware? And why can't we get rid of it? Sounds like someone doesn't know what they are talking about to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links