OK, 2.2 - What Now?

This is a discussion on OK, 2.2 - What Now? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; Got v2.2.1 installed on my Ally - no problems at all. Moved several apps to my SD card - no problems. I feel a speed/productivity ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, 2.2 - What Now?

Got v2.2.1 installed on my Ally - no problems at all. Moved several apps to my SD card - no problems. I feel a speed/productivity increase ...

But what Android guru has put together a site/tutorial of the steps we should take with the new OS? A centralized "How to take advantage of the new OS" type of site or page?

Clint Bradford

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Try starting your search here;

http://www.lgallyforums.com/forum/7-lg-ally-help/

Dolfan's answer is probably the best one. Most issues and what others are experiencing are listed somewhere in the forum. Myself, I am finding it hard to keep track of what is going on because there are way too many threads being created about the same topics. You can also try my site. I am putting together a step by step quide on what I am doing with the new OS. However, it is a slow work in progress because I am trying to create screen prints for everything.
    Motorola Droid 4

Quote Originally Posted by Dolfan0925 View Post
    Try starting your search here;

http://www.lgallyfor...7-lg-ally-help/

I already did that before posting my inquiry here. "Using Ally's Features" locked thread is from June of last year - not appropriate to v2.2.1. And the forum is full of folks having problems with their Ally phones.

No, I asked for something a little different that wasn't specifically covered there - thanks, though.

Clint Bradford

>> ... Dolfan's answer is probably the best one ...

But worthless to me ...

>> ... You can also try my site. I am putting together a step by step ...

You are doing a great job! I already have your site bookmarked, and have learned from it. Keep up the excellent work.

Clint Bradford

Ally great site I love all the new info thanks......way to make it simple as well

Thanks, I am adding to it nightly as I struggle with Froyo. It is slow going because I want screenshots of everything I can get. I will start adding more app reviews as soon as I get finished with the Froyo updates.
    Motorola Droid 4

I strongly suggest a Factory Reset and an SD Card Format (after you have backed-up your stuff, of course). After you reinstall all your Apps look for updates on the Market. Decide which Apps have Widgets you want to use. These need to be left on the phone. Move everything else that can go, to the SD Card. Go through ALL your settings. Things were set back to Factory after all. Settings I had forgotten at first but remembered later include disabling Roaming. Check all your contact settings, too. All the defaults and ringtones were removed. If you sync Picasa Web Albums, go to your Gallery and allow them to sync. Then, go through all your Apps to Activate them, Sign-in and Accept the terms so they start working again. Finally, go through all the settings on your Apps to ensure they are the way you had them before.

Great advice, Quasr!

Qasar I have a question -- what's the purpose of doing a Factory Reset, when the OP said he was having no problem or issues with the update?

Seems like a lot of work if everything is working just fine - I also had no issues with the update and I sure wasn't planning on resetting and having to re-do everything i have set up on the phone....

also no space issues since i don't have a big pile o'apps loaded; so wasn't planning on moving apps to SD card either. i won't use most of the junk that is pre-loaded of course, but i just ignore it.

very interested to hear what the great advantage is to factory reset - thanks -

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links