how many hours of battery life do you get?

This is a discussion on how many hours of battery life do you get? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I am still trying to figure out if I really just got a phone with a bad battery or if its me. Can everyone tell ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how many hours of battery life do you get?

I am still trying to figure out if I really just got a phone with a bad battery or if its me.

Can everyone tell me a little about their phone usage & how many hours you are getting out of your battery between charges.

First, are you a light, medium or heavy user? When you charge up your phone to 100%, exactly how many hours are you getting before the phone needs to go back on the charger? And also, how is your Time Without Signal?

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

I'd say I am a medium user and I get 2-3 days out of mine. So what does that equate too....... Lets' see, divide by 3, carry the 7, multiply by 72 1/3. I think it comes out too 48-72 hours.

It should be noted though that I am rooted with most of the bloatware removed. I also don't use any of the social apps that constantly update, nor do I sync gmail because gmail is not my primary email address. I use my Comcast address and just check their website when I want to read my email. I have also turned brightness down to a minimum because the screen is bright enough for me to see without turning the brightness settings up high. I have GPS, bluetooth, autosync and wifi turned off until I need them and don't use any location apps other than the Navigation app. And for that I just turn the GPS on when I need to Nav somewhere and turn it off when I get there. What I do a lot of is phone calls, texting and internet throughout the day.

With Froyo, I am getting about 10 hours of battery life now.

I am a medium user. I keep everything off except Background Syncing. Wifi is always off. Gps is always off. Bluetooth is always off. My screen brightness is at the lowest setting 90% of the day. I rarely use my phone for phone calls. Mostly texting, taking pics & vids, internet surfing, and playing games a little here & there.

So, with all that info, do you think I should be getting more than 10 hours of battery life?

I had read something somewhere from LG that I should. They had listed how many hours you should get & I come no where near that number they gave.

With medium use I get about 12 hours. Wi-fi on almost all day. GPS off. emailing, texting and calling.

Android Enthusiast gtr1000rider's Avatar
    I easily get 12+ hours with medium to heavy use. Wifi is on 95% of the time and syncing is always on. I use internet, play some games, email, etc. Very few calls.

Hmmm...

Hard to say if I am getting what I'm supposed to be getting.

I don't think so though. Because it sounds like everyone that is getting 12 or more hours are medium to heavy users with wifi & syncing on.

I even turned syncing off today to see and I got 7 hours. That was it.

First couple days after the update, it seemed as if my battery was getting better. I went from 5 hours of battery life to 11. Now its going back down again.

I used Navigator for an hour today without plugging it into the car charger. Dropped from 90% to 60%.
    Motorola Droid 4

Have you installed Advanced Task Killer? It's a free app. It has helped me stretch the life of my battery a lot! Verizon tech told me that, and it has made a huge difference. I just charge my phone every night.

Give it a try....

{Sigh}

Here we go again!
    Motorola Droid 4

@ Ally Android: Haha, I know. I started this thread so that I could just get an idea of what people were getting out of their batteries between charges & what kind of users they were. That's it. Just trying to arm myself with as much info as I can before going to Verizon & complaining. I can't get there till next week so I have some time. Lol.

@droiddiva: I tried the task killer when I first got the phone, because my battery has sucked from day 1. I conditioned my battery like I was told to do and it still sucked. So I installed a task killer & at first it seemed to work but then got bad again so I uninstalled it. My battery life seemed to be a bit better but then went to crap again. Then I tried juicedefender & it did not help.

Believe me, I have tried everything. When I have asked in this forum before, most of the answers I got were "its an android phone what do you expect" and this was coming from people who would then follow it up with I get 40 hours out of my battery with medium to heavy use. Haha. Well, I have never ever gotten even more than 11 hours of battery on light to medium use.

I even had asked a Verizon Rep when I had called about another issue & they said I had to condition my battery (which I did) & try a factory reset (which I did) & that's the way it is with an android phone (which I believed at first but not any cuz I have been told by so many people it is not the case).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links