Good News For Limited Data Plan Users

This is a discussion on Good News For Limited Data Plan Users within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; This was a very useful option for me, as I use my Ally on Page Plus pre-paid (no data plan required, but you can use ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Good News For Limited Data Plan Users

This was a very useful option for me, as I use my Ally on Page Plus pre-paid (no data plan required, but you can use data from your balance). 2.1 did not have this option. I previously used Quick Settings to disable data, but I had to do that whenever restarting the phone. Now it stays off.

It's also useful if you're using phone as mobile 3G hotspot. Data usage on your phone while phone is being used as a mobile hotspot is charged your mobile 3G hotspot plan (which is not unlimited) and NOT to your phone's regular unlimited data plan. This is in the fine print and seems like a sneaky way for Verizon to make money. So if you can reduce data usage when utilizing 3G mobile hotspot then that's a very good idea!

FYI - I have the 150MB plan and it's Feb and I still have it, although it does say it is a limited time promotional offer on the website - maybe grandfathered until end of service contract

For those that are on a limited data plan (I was able to get the 150 MB/mo. for $15/mo) and got a new ally for under $20 as an upgrade. It isn't alot of mb's but if you have wi-fi access, using the ally to connect to it will save on usage. I basically turn my wi-fi on most anywhere and when I am driving, I enable the phone's network. When they did the 2.2 update, I noticed my phone used over 50 mb for the update. Wasn't too happy about that as it got me close to my limit. Called Verizon to complain and they took off those 50 mb off my usage. Suffice it to say, turning wi-fi on will help you if you are limited in data usage as I am. Just make sure to uncheck Data enable and data roaming when you turn wi-fi on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links