Wifi in Airplane mode???

This is a discussion on Wifi in Airplane mode??? within the LG Ally forums, part of the LG Android Phones category; I just figured out that if you turn airplane mode on and then go and turn on wifi you can still connect...if you have wifi ...

Thread: Wifi in Airplane mode???

I just figured out that if you turn airplane mode on and then go and turn on wifi you can still connect...if you have wifi on then go to AP mode it will disconnect...is this another froyo glitch or did I just never notice it before???

2. Android.net is the premier Android Forum. Registered users do not see these ads. .

Quote Originally Posted by bks View Post
    I just figured out that if you turn airplane mode on and then go and turn on wifi you can still connect...if you have wifi on then go to AP mode it will disconnect...is this another froyo glitch or did I just never notice it before???

My phone did that on 2.1 as well. I believe it is by design. What I don't know is if turning wifi on in airplane mode will persist when you activate airplane mode the next time.

I confirm WiFi works for me in Airplane Mode. I did not realize this before the FroYo update. I never tried. So much for assumptions.

I just restarted while in Airplane mode. The first thing I saw was a button on the Lock Screen called "Emergency Call." I assume it will allow an Emergency Call but I don't want to test it.

After the restart, my WiFi was disconnected. I have my phone set up to connect automatically and never disconnect. When I restart not in Airplane Mode my WiFi is connected right away. Turning off Airplane mode automatically reconnects my WiFi.

I have found that Airplane Mode simply turns off WiFi and disables Mobile networks. Mobile networks is even faded out when in Airplane Mode. So to enable WiFi just check it again. But you must exit Airplane Mode to enable Mobile networks/make calls.

I have the power control widget and just hit the wifi button after turning airplane mode on, saves the hassle of going into settings

Remove Ads

http://www.scramblerducati.org/

Sponsored Links